flywheel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well i have a f22a6 (92 accord ex). i'm looking in getting a lightweight flywheel and i want to know about what i should be looking for. so far i have found a few 6 lb. ones.

thats still insanely light.....

11lb is a light one...

the lighter you go, the less streetable it is--
meaning not only will it accelerate faster, but there will be no momentum to keep you crusingin- ie 4th gear, you let off, you'll be down to 20 mph before you know it

I have a 7.5lb one in my daily. Seems ok - or maybe I just don't notice it. - Now the six puck clutch on the other hand!!!!! I do notice that!!!!!

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 3 2002, 10:58 PM
the lighter you go, the less streetable it is--
meaning not only will it accelerate faster, but there will be no momentum to keep you crusingin- ie 4th gear, you let off, you'll be down to 20 mph before you know it

Not true- my 8 lb flywheel is totally streetable. It still takes quite some time to drop speeds in 4th gear... now when you let off the clutch, that's another matter. The revs still don't fall fast enough for me though- maybe I shift too fast.

:D

ha Calesta, whos flywheel do you have and how was it to install.

Clutchmasters- which is the same as the aluminum rebuildable Fidanza flywheel. I had it installed when I changed my clutch... easy as pie.

That's about retail.. not bad, not the best. It's cheaper than what I paid though. ;)

Back