Flywheels

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90 accord

Chicks dig the box
VIP
when i do finally get the h22, i want t light weight flywheel in there.. is there a prelude with a flywheel thats lighter then the h22's, that will work? if not, what kinda would you recomend?

I say you have three options from which to choose:
  • 1.Have your H22 flywheel machined
  • 2. Get a light, but durable chrome-moly flywheel (JUN, ACT)
  • 3. Get an ultralight aluminum (Fidanza)
I personally have a Jackson Racing/Fidanza ultralight aluminum flywheel which weighs something like 8 3/4lbs (not sure, don't quote me :p ) and I absolutely love it. Some would argue that the aluminum unit will not last as long, but with only mild power gains, it will last equally as long plus it's lighter.

Hope this helps. :ph34r:

Peace, Theron <_<

I've got a Clutchmasters / Fidanza in my car, and it's great. The friction surface is rebuildable, so it'll last as long as you maintain it. So far though, it looks good. There's not much wear on the friction face at all, even 20k miles after installation.

By the way, replacement flywheels are almost always a better option than machining your original flywheel. You never know what you might weaken when you remove material from a chunk of metal that wasn't designed with the new geometry in mind...

thanks! now i gotta get prices and web sites.. know any ofhand?

Back