Fucking Infiniti

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Battle Pope

I've had enough of this fucking car. Now the power steering pump is on its' last legs.

That brings the list of things that should be fixed to:

p/s pump
p/s pressure line
rear wheel bearing
front hub/spindle
all 4 calipers need pads
shocks are dead
needs a tranny cooler
needs a windshield

Fuck this car. I'm done dumping money into it. I'm parting this motherfucker out. Hopefully there will be SOME parts of value that are still good.

Heh, I'd say use the salvagable parts that you can use on your Z. Those calipers aren't all that bad, are they?

Might be dumb, but hey - it's an idea.

Originally posted by EGProject@Sep 7 2005, 02:14 PM
Heh, I'd say use the salvagable parts that you can use on your Z. Those calipers aren't all that bad, are they?

Might be dumb, but hey - it's an idea.
[post=550851]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh, I'm gonna. I'd use the calipers, but they're only 2-piston and they don't bolt up. I'll just sell them to some 240sx driver (scott?) and buy some S12Ws off a toyota 4x4. 4-piston caliper, bolt-on. I also plan on pulling the diff out and throwing it up under there.

my old 240 has gone through its own, and its now on its 2nd NEW p/s pump since august 02.

so... 3rd p/s pump since i originally bought the car.

no offense but god i hated that thing LOL. sorry tho man, that does blow, hope you can make somethin back from your investment.

I know. I wish there were some way I could sue the dealer or something for selling me a lemon. Anything to get some of my money back. It seems like every 2 weeks something new breaks. The dealer had to know it too.

Their selling point was their 30-day warrantee. What they didn't tell me untill after I bought it is, that accepting the offer that THEIR SALESMAN GAVE ME voided the warrantee because their policy is that you don't get the warrantee if you don't pay sticker price.

Overall this experience was very much negative. I know I was a fool to buy a 13 year old car without getting it inspected or knowing a history, but the carfax was clean. I just don't know and frankly don't care anymore.

I love my S14

Sure I had to change the tie rods, the lower ball joints and a front cover seal. Nothing to extreme for a car with 140,000 miles on it. The engine runs strong as hell though.

besides you can fix ball joints, try repairing the performance loss you get from FWD lol

It's just a car...they all break...

find another beater to get around, then fix up the Z...

you ought to try doing an autocross car, a drift car....at once, then plan for getting another drift car in the near future, and keeping two daily drivers on the road, and plans on getting a truck to haul things...and a trailer to tote the race cars around...while rebuilding a house.......like me...once you get to that level...your screwed if you can complain about power steering pump........

J/P :p

The amount of dead dinosaurs I go thru is enough to power a small city for a day... :ph34r:

Somebody needs to make a NEW car that is affordable, that gets good gas milage, can drift, can haul things to the dump, that can be dependable and not break with a few motor sports events, that my wife can drive, that can autocross the next day, thats a little sporty looking,thats comfortable to drive, thats easy to find wheels for, cheap on insurance, and wont get stolen or broken into.....and red.

Build that car and I'll buy two of them. :)

Well, it's probably not the p/s pump.

The knocking noise is coming from the passenger side front cover. I think my timing chain guides finally broke.

I agree Nissans have issues, back in the day when they were Datsuns.... talk about a bullet proof car! well.. at least better then they are now =)

Back