g22 goals?...and help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

flcb7

Hey guys/girls I’m new to this forum...but not new to hondas. Iv been accord/lude man for awhile. But I have some boosted questions...and yes I have done my research for the most part...I just want some others opinion b/c Im a N/A man myself

Im gonna use some type of civic...I really want a rex but I will settle for a civic coupe. But I have some g series questions.. I have a g22 vatack in the works that I need some advice on. My power goal is 350-400whp

1st. - Im interested in bisi or eagle rods but should I go with f22 or h22 rods since I will be using a f22 block and crank?? Crank is micro polished and balanced already

2nd. - For my power goals should can I stick with OEM f22 pistons or should I go with after market? such as bisi or ect.

3rd. - I have a h22a4 head so for my power goals do I need any head work or can I achieve my 350-400whp goal with stock h22 head?..(I mean since stock f22a can make 300whp no prob easy)..or what will be needed??

4th - balancing shaft delete...I have heard good things about keeping them and good things about deleting them...some shed some light plz

5th - what would be the ideal turbo sizing for this set up?...

p.s - I do know SOME of this info but Im looking of others input as well....

...I will have other questions as things move fwd in the build thank you all in advance!

-Ryan

What F22 block do you have? 350hp is pushing it on a stock bottom end you need rods to push 400 in stock. The h22 head is fine for your 300-400 range, on a stock bottem end you should not go over 280-350. dont forget arp studs. The F22vtec pistons are -3cc dome and something like 20mm comp high they are good for 300hp. Now this is all dyno stuff expect no more than 250 on a street tune with any head you put on.. IMO boost the F22, and find a good tuner.

Last edited:
I’m using f22a1 block. I’m gonna order bisi rods and I was hoping to keep stock pistons if I can. My next question is what is a better cam to run for boost..I have h22a4 cams and I can get type s cams for cheap. What would be the better cams to use?

I’m using f22a1 block. I’m gonna order bisi rods and I was hoping to keep stock pistons if I can. My next question is what is a better cams to run for boost..I have h22a4 cams and I can get type s cams for cheap. What would be the better cams to use?

well, the f22A1 block is capable up to 250whp stock OEM block STOCK head the H22 head is a good flowing head but why not stick to the F22 head...it is a way better flowing head right next to the F22C F20C head on the S2000.

even at 250WHP your rings will wear out and your stock oem clutch as well...so bisi rods is a go and the stock head will fall into problems eventually as well....what a nice turbo setup first step should be is....Can it run healthy, honestly no Turbo can just be slapped on a F22 and not get slapped around its self under boost pressures......

i used a t3/t4 in my F22A6 238,*** miles on 9 psi pushing 233whp tuned on chrome 5spd as well........

no check engine light and completely stock internals, you oem fuel rail, pump, and alternarator plus oem wires all can candle 350 hp, but i seriously doubt and know that a F22 stock block can handle 350.....

as for the H22A head......G22 is a pointless build in my book but in your case of Boosting it can be worth the dollar then, but think a low compression is good for boost you'll have a shortage of Vtec.....

but otherwise Good luck brother......

-Inspired

Back