G23 Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well this particular "G23" has an F23 block, H22 head, K-series pistons, and a B-series transmission. That alone, just amazes and intrigues me.

it needs something from a d-series. i got it. a d-series valve cover.

this engine is a lot of work. it's cheaper than a k, but it's a lot of labor. the cost will soar if you cant do it yourself.

Does anyone have any weight specs on this engine? I want to do some compares? btw first post :0)

PS:

So for the price, it seems that if you can do it the swap would make sense. But for everyone hating on it, whats another cheap swap? I mean the ls/vtec is more $$ then that mofo plus not everyone is on the west coast where you can walk into a junkyard and find 6 b16s (fucking new england)

Well this particular "G23" has an F23 block, H22 head, K-series pistons, and a B-series transmission. That alone, just amazes and intrigues me.

You should see the crazy things the guys at K20A.org are coming up with(along with VWVortex if that matters). Pretty much the K, F, S2000 F-series, and H parts can somewhat be interchanged. That banned K-series motors had S2000 pistons in it IIRC; pretty much built up with OE parts and put down like over 300whp.

The G23 should weigh about the same as the F/H series, which is just a little more heavy than a B-series.

i'll take a tuned ls turbo, for 1/2 the price of the G23, and i'll kill it.

You should see the crazy things the guys at K20A.org are coming up with(along with VWVortex if that matters). Pretty much the K, F, S2000 F-series, and H parts can somewhat be interchanged. That banned K-series motors had S2000 pistons in it IIRC; pretty much built up with OE parts and put down like over 300whp.

The G23 should weigh about the same as the F/H series, which is just a little more heavy than a B-series.

I saw a video on youtube awhile back that was a spoon civic with K/F20c combined. I'll try to find it.

That's just a F20C on a K20 transmission. Prototype Racing actually tried doing that, but ditched the idea because people were making more power on the K20s.

edit: Nevermind, it's still a K20. That outlawed K-series motor was similar but with 2.4l

Last edited:
Back