Gauge Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicspeed

I am plannin on puting a b18c-r into my 97 civic 2 dr and i am wondering if i will also need to put ITR gauges into the car because of the change in redline and top speed (if there is any)??

u dont have to..the gauge on your car is goin to read whatever RPM, Speed your car is doin..i got b16a in a 91 Civic..and my engine redlines at 7800 rpm..my tach only goes up to 8000 rpm..so i jus make..but the easiest way i would think is to buy a external TACH...u can add any gauges u like..

dont bother. just make sure your stock gauge will read up to like 8500 which it will and just shift before that:)

I got the B18CR swap. I got it from Hybrid Automotive, good people, the guy actually cares. I dont have the engine in cuz im doing internal work to eventually boost. If all goes well ill have it in by spring :D

Originally posted by TypeRcivic@Feb 13 2003, 09:10 PM
I got it from Hybrid Automotive, good people, the guy actually cares. I dont have the engine in cuz im doing internal work to eventually boost.

I am planing to get the engine from hybrid automotive too.

also im curious, what internal work are you doing? its kinda pointless to swap out the pistons, cams ect. that you payed so much for in the first place! the ITR is designed to run NA to make it run boost well you need to sacrifice all the things you spent all the money in the first place.

just thought you should know

Back