getting a boat

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Took me awhile to find the boat in the picture Airjockie posted.

i thought it was the wrong picture at first until i re-read the post

We went to look at a 13Ft Boston Whaler in pretty good shape, had the rails, center console , think it had a honda 40HP 4 stroke if i remember correctly, guy had it listed for 3k, we called him on our way down, was an 18 minute ride, we got there, someone else was already there and snagged it for $2200.....that boat would have worked out well...so pissed....back to the drawing board

Ended up getting a 17' Boston Whaler Montauk, 1989 hull and 1990 90HP johnson 2 stroke...real good starter boat...plus the resale on Whaler's is rediculous, got it at a good price..guy took us out, drove it, real nice....

I may change my name to Cpt. Ron

That's a great boat!

You will probably sell it for what you paid.

where's the pics capt ron?

I was going to take pics but had a unfortunate event take place. the boat is at my buddies house and while i was there...in the middle of dinner, he got a call from his sister that her husband passed away--Lou Gherigs(ALS)....sucked...

we were actually going to go practice backing up the boat after dinner because that shit is allot harder then it looks

Headed out on the the CT River for the first time

545181_10150785141105877_734795876_9877901_1250310489_n.jpg

550602_10150785139645877_734795876_9877897_1499689915_n.jpg

Nice boat, where did you launch from?

rocky hill, the current was insane at the launch, people were knocking into each other, i had to push off another boat with my hands while backing up...but everything else went very smooth....boating is such a great time...we actually went out twice that day....started out really early at 5am we launched out of Whethersfield Cove to the CT River to do some fishing...had another guy with us....was good times....nothing was biting though

seatow can be a great investment, not sure if its just local to the hudson or not, but def look into it
unless you get lucky and have a helpful soul bring you back home a tow can be very expensive.
carry extra gas, and if possible a trolling motor and extra batteries
def have an oar or paddle, and all that other coast guard shit, the water cops check for that stuff, especially if it looks like you're having too much fun

for some reason i think that thumbs up pic was right before the fist pumping began :ph34r:
how long before you get a hitch on the infiniti?

be safe out there, remember no one ever died from wearing a life jacket

seatow can be a great investment, not sure if its just local to the hudson or not, but def look into it
unless you get lucky and have a helpful soul bring you back home a tow can be very expensive.
carry extra gas, and if possible a trolling motor and extra batteries
def have an oar or paddle, and all that other coast guard shit, the water cops check for that stuff, especially if it looks like you're having too much fun

for some reason i think that thumbs up pic was right before the fist pumping began :ph34r:
how long before you get a hitch on the infiniti?

be safe out there, remember no one ever died from wearing a life jacket

he tows with his jeep lol, no hitch for the infiniti, getting seatow this weekend $165 bucks for the year....no brainer....we carry three 6 gallon tanks, 2 oars, gaft hook, all teh coast guard required equipment, box of tools, just bought a brand new handheld VHF, extra fuel line hookups. The trolling motor may come in the future but not anytime soon. We always have the life jackets.

i might be a pussy but i always wear my zip up neoprene jobber, just incase the boat flips, catches on fire, and knocks me unconscious all at the same time
i don't trust my luck

ziplock baggies for the phones, the touchscreen jobbers work through the plastic and you can talk through it also. and ziplocks for the smokes and money/id/CC

i might be a pussy but i always wear my zip up neoprene jobber, just incase the boat flips, catches on fire, and knocks me unconscious all at the same time
i don't trust my luck

ziplock baggies for the phones, the touchscreen jobbers work through the plastic and you can talk through it also. and ziplocks for the smokes and money/id/CC

I feel like I was born on a boat I've spent so much time on them, and I've never though of this. I throw my crap in a pelican case when I fish just because I don't need it, but the plastic bag is a nice insurance policy too. And it'd help it float with the air in it. :)

Remember use 1 of the 6 gallon tanks to go out and save the other 2 to get home.

GPS is a great investment especially if you go near the shore. It saved my ass before.

Back