GM/SATURN/HONDA crossbreeding

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dilbeckskate

infamous
This is a conversation topic I do not believe has been brought up on HONDASWAP yet, and I am warning now of my improper use of grammar , punctuation a sentence structure . lol anyways , yesterday I booked an appointment over the phone for a timing belt and water pump on a Saturn Vue, blah blah blah used e-order through my catalog , vehicle comes into work today and I pop the hood and see this

10436274_10154291700750076_5999523249185157899_n.jpg

I was like WTF , and yes it literally is a J35 with all gm accessory's , but uses the same mount location as all j-family powered hondas , could make for a interesting sleeper, this is hondaSWAP lol IMPUT ? little more info, also are offered in AWD and manual transmission and rated +10 hp over the pilot with the j35
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
random info

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_Vue

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/the-shock-of-a-hondafied-vue-car-news

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HF5.jpg

Last edited:
yup, it's been done before a few times. but at the end of the day, you have a fucking vue. lol

One difference is that the GM versions don't have a forged crankshaft, unlike all Honda J Series motors.

One difference is that the GM versions don't have a forged crankshaft, unlike all Honda J Series motors.
thank you for bringing that bit of information to the table I did not know that, but it makes sense also too add to the combo with COMPLETELY different engine accessories,how much do you think the non-forged crank will affect the longevity of the engine ? I honestly have thought about getting one used cheap just because I know if I do a timing belt and water pump, some flushes and probably have to do valve cover gaskets (for some reason the rear head always leaks) it can be a cheap reliable vehicle , and the redlines can look good
53219050_pr.jpg

0502_nopi_06z+saturn_vue_redline+supercharger_view.jpg

Watch out for the auto tranny version. I believe that the auto trannies used in these were from the years where some of the V6 auto trannies had issues and ended up failing. A friend of mine had a V6 Vue and ended up having to get a rebuilt transmission installed.

Back