Got some stuff for the hatch in today...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The header is a JDM ITR, with teh 2.5" flange...which is fucking HUGE

I'm gonna have to get a new flange put on the ExMag. blah.

I want a header with a 3 inch dump. :D :D :D

I just talked to Phillip- the pistons/rods got there ok. I think he's going to have to order a new piston for the 4th though.

fuck. That's prolly gonna be 'spensive, and I'm already scraping my pockets to pay to get Phillip to spec my main caps for the bearings...

bah.

talked to Phillip...I'm just gonna get my shit spec'd for the bearings, and then in a couplea weeks when i get some cash I'm ordering the piston from him.

Phillip = teh fuckin cool dude.

also, about the clutch, I think I'm gonna give the four-puck a chance. convo I had with a dude on Honda-Tech just now:

civicious (3:16 PM 10/29/2004): hey man, i got a question about your clutch...you still got the act 4 puck?

shamoo (3:17 PM 10/29/2004): Well, no....I sold the car a while ago. You have any questions about the clutch?

civicious (3:19 PM 10/29/2004): i'm putting together a b20 vtec, and i bought the act 4 puck, and i saw that you said hts streetable once you get used to it...i was going to ask you, 1. what kinda power were you putting down turbo'd, and 2. did you have a problem snapping axles with this clutch?

shamoo (3:23 PM 10/29/2004): 1. I was putting down roughly 380-385whp. I was a fan of this clutch a lot. Didn't chatter as much as the 6 puck and holds more power than the 6. It does squeak a little upon engagement after it's broken in, but that's normal for every semi/full metallic pucked disc. Just take a week or two to get used to it, and it's fine. Just gotta rev match a little more downshifting. Upshifting is fine, just let the clutch out a little easier instead of "dropping" it. Hehe.
2. Yes, I had a problem of snapping axles. B000. But then again, I kept using Pep Boys replacement ones. I wanted to get the DSS axles, but never got around to it, plus they were too expensive for me. I can't see spending $500 on a single axle. Crazy.
shamoo (3:24 PM 10/29/2004): Basically, I'm a huge fan of this clutch. Cheap and VERY effective. You can drive it on the streeet once you're used to it. But if you want to bang out some good times and "bang some gears", then it is the clutch for you. INSTANT engagement when you want it to be. Feels like the dash is gonna fall off in your lap when you shift. Hehe

civicious (3:27 PM 10/29/2004): as far as pepboys axles (i use autozone, same shit thogh), did you break them launching, or in regular driving?

shamoo (3:29 PM 10/29/2004): I never really launched hard, because I rarely needed to. Too much power in launching + street tires = no traction no matter what you do. So I didn't see a point. Everytime it broke was when I shifted HARD into 2nd. And once when I tried to be a tough guy and do a burnout. 

Burnouts with pucked clutches are harder than you think. Hehe.

Originally posted by civicious+Oct 29 2004, 12:37 PM-->
fuck. That's prolly gonna be 'spensive, and I'm already scraping my pockets to pay to get Phillip to spec my main caps for the bearings...

bah.
[post=409131]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't think one piston will be that expensive.

civicious
@Oct 29 2004, 03:37 PM
talked to Phillip...I'm just gonna get my shit spec'd for the bearings, and then in a couplea weeks when i get some cash I'm ordering the piston from him.

Phillip = teh fuckin cool dude.

also, about the clutch, I think I'm gonna give the four-puck a chance. convo I had with a dude on Honda-Tech just now:
[post=409242]Quoted post[/post]​

:thumbsup:

That's why I endorse him so strongly. He really knows what he's doing.

I guess give the 4 puck a shot- I would just be scared of breaking the transmission itself. I could care less about the axles.

Originally posted by civicious@Oct 29 2004, 04:37 AM
4. James - I'm a telemarketer. I make $14 an hour, and live with a roommate, so that the only bills I have to pay are $250 for rent plus food and gas and other small expenses. I also have a little over $8k of debt.

[post=408997]Quoted post[/post]​

$250 for rent? Christ where do you guys live. Im paying $800 a month and thats not including my roommates part.

Im glad to see this car coming along so well. If you want those rear disc brakes, you let me know. I dont plan on getting rid of them any time soon. I may slip up and put them on my CRX, but thats very doubtful. Let me know Will, Later

Back