Gran Turismo 5 - I Gotz Mine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So far I LOVE the game. I need a better wheel mount setup in my living room though. Got a few ideas....

I still hate how the AI cars seem to have 10 times your mass. If you bump into them, you just slow down. If they bump into you, you're going into the wall.

Looks very nice! Though I'll get it only if I can borrow a PS3; I'm not going to buy one for just one game.

Looks very nice! Though I'll get it only if I can borrow a PS3; I'm not going to buy one for just one game.

buy a ps3 to have a blu ray player and streaming netflix. lol

i have a ps3 and don't even have 1 game.

i got started this past sunday and probably have done about 10 hrs or so... anyway here are my thoughts:

pros:
-awesome graphics
-really nice selection of cars
-great physics
-everything that made GT series great, made better.

cons:
-really annoying "level-up" program
-really short
-glitchy graphics (random flickering and tearing)
-long ass load times
-cant tell if its premium or standard cars (eg prem = features) until you buy it
-buggy? (seems like tons of online problems as of this posting)

overrall, i would say this is a 7.5 out of 10 if youve played all the GTs and up to date. if you havent played GT before or its been a while, then 9 out of 10.

GT4 was a massive failure to me.... this is hardly better besides eye candy.

Forza is more arcade like where GT is more sim like.

GT hands down looks better, has more cars, and so far I prefer the driving.

Forza has a better menu system, the tuning market seems more clear cut, and due to the points setup for each car, I'm guessing online play is more balanced for Forza, but I don't know yet since I haven't played GT5 online. GT5 menus are just one big cluster fuck.

GT does have a lot of stuff in it. You even have to rebuild your engine from time to time after you rack up too many races with it.

Over all I like GT5 over Forza, the AI alone as pointed out before is better, and it seems over all more legit.

If you're a hardcore sim gamer and plan on spending a lot of time in the game, GT5 is the clear cut winner.

If you are just a basic gamer looking to have some fun racing. I'd go with Forza.
spot on..... mostly

i got started this past sunday and probably have done about 10 hrs or so... anyway here are my thoughts:

pros:
-awesome graphics
-really nice selection of cars
-great physics
-everything that made GT series great, made better.

cons:
-really annoying "level-up" program
-really short
-glitchy graphics (random flickering and tearing)
-long ass load times
-cant tell if its premium or standard cars (eg prem = features) until you buy it
-buggy? (seems like tons of online problems as of this posting)

overrall, i would say this is a 7.5 out of 10 if youve played all the GTs and up to date. if you havent played GT before or its been a while, then 9 out of 10.

I don't care which game you like, as I have both and like them fro dif reasons. I just hate missinformation, which people who have played GT5 for only a short period are full of.

Long ass load times. I have Forza 3 loaded to the HDD and it takes just as much if not more time to load tracks/races. At least there is a bar that tells you GT5 hasn't frozen, Forza does all the time. So this is the same in each. Most games on Xbox have really bad load times.

Premium or standard. Well if you have played 10 hours and haven't noticed, I'm sorry, but you are not very observant. When I made my first post I had only played for a night. All new cars bought from the dealer are premium. If you notice there is a box in the car description in the used cars. It either has an S or a P. 99% of the vehicles in used are standard vehicles.

Online buggyness is normal. Think of any on-line game you have played within the first week to month of it's release. They seem to always have problems, especially if it is a popular game with 22345345345345 people on-line at all times.

Extra: not related to your post

Damage: It gets better in terms of amount and realism. You just need to advance far enough in the game.

Turn off that Trac!!! I always turn off all assists, but in challenges I didn't even realize you could do this. Turning it off makes things way better, especially when it comes to rally.

I'll probably think of more.

one thing that pissed me off about forza, and i have fucking clue why they did this. when you go to track selection, you can only see the name. you can't see the track layout. wtf?

I don't care which game you like, as I have both and like them fro dif reasons. I just hate missinformation, which people who have played GT5 for only a short period are full of.

Long ass load times. I have Forza 3 loaded to the HDD and it takes just as much if not more time to load tracks/races. At least there is a bar that tells you GT5 hasn't frozen, Forza does all the time. So this is the same in each. Most games on Xbox have really bad load times.

Premium or standard. Well if you have played 10 hours and haven't noticed, I'm sorry, but you are not very observant. When I made my first post I had only played for a night. All new cars bought from the dealer are premium. If you notice there is a box in the car description in the used cars. It either has an S or a P. 99% of the vehicles in used are standard vehicles.

Online buggyness is normal. Think of any on-line game you have played within the first week to month of it's release. They seem to always have problems, especially if it is a popular game with 22345345345345 people on-line at all times.

Extra: not related to your post

Damage: It gets better in terms of amount and realism. You just need to advance far enough in the game.

Turn off that Trac!!! I always turn off all assists, but in challenges I didn't even realize you could do this. Turning it off makes things way better, especially when it comes to rally.

I'll probably think of more.

WTF man someone shit in your cereal? I said they were my thoughts and not definitive. I dont fucking review games for a living and 10 hrs is about what someone when spend on a game and get a good feeling for it.

Load time: I wasnt even comparing it to Forza and ive never even played that, but compared to the games ive been playing like Street Fighter 4, God of War, etc... its a fucking long time for me. This includes PC games too. I think 1 min is a long time to load for 1 race. If you waited 1 minute to load a street fighter match, you'd probably wouldnt want to play anymore since each first to 2 round matches only take like 2 minutes max.

Premium Vs Standard: a lot of people on the forums ive read even said it sucks that they couldnt tell which cars were P or S, but thanks for the hint. maybe you should receive some kind of medal for being so observant.

Online: dude thats a fucking lame ass excuse. they know people have been waiting for this forever and i understand there are patches for a reason, but they had 5 YEARS to prepare, WTF? also, to have it affect load times and freezes in SINGLE PLAYER mode when youre just signed-on to PSN, that is fucking retarded.

Ive been playing GT since PS1 GT1 and bought every single one on launch week or month or watever and love em. But you take it to fanboy level and come of as a huge cunt.

Anyway, imma get back to playing it instead of arguing about it on the internet.

Last edited:
Load time isn't a big deal to me. The game just SUCKS. I'm 14 hours in. Going to sell it and my PS3.

the more i play the game, the more i love to hate it.

B-Spec mode:
Cons:
1) You can only choose your driver's name from a given list that shows them 1 at a time. WTF takes forever to find something you like. Why not allow people to come up with their own or at least do a list of 5 to 10 names at a time. I guess this is only a little annoying.
2) Initial driver's skill suck balls. Nothing you can do about it except place them in a souped up car and just put it on "keep up the pace" and hope for a win.
3) The fast forward option is gone. LAME, now you actually have to watch the entire race.
4) The laps are DOUBLED from Aspec. WTF? See number 3
5) Only certain cars can be obtained via B'spec
Pros:
1) Pretty good cars as rewards.

I dont know man. This game is totally not worth the hype, wait and price. Its short, alot of changes for the worst and even though it has 1000 cars, its mostly 1000 lame ass cars. I dont give a shit about the 5 different models of Lupo's or 8 different Minis, someone might, but im willing to bet a majority dont.

The only thing good i can say about it is: rad ass physics and graphics as always and online play (when they get it right).

I guess I won't be getting a ps3. Will they add new cars via PSN?

I got this game the other day when I bought my ps3. Add me to your friends thing, lol, not sure what its called I'm new to the ps3. Jared759

one thing that pissed me off about forza, and i have fucking clue why they did this. when you go to track selection, you can only see the name. you can't see the track layout. wtf?

what? you mean you dont know what the tracks look like by name? :lol:

lol doug

68205_10150103517091763_510286762_7299183_3790320_n.jpg

Back