Gsr Brakes : Spindle Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MXDesa

Hey guys, i had posted this before in the wrong forum so i wanted to ask it again in the right forum. Anywayz...

I want to pick up a set of GSR spindles tomorrow to upgrade my braking system and i really need to know if D-Series axles will work with these spindles? Thanks Guys. They are GSR spindles going into a 1992 Honda Civic DX Hatch

Thanks E Sol Si by your number of posts im sure you know what your talking about. BTW- I also have a full Integra Type R suspension, however the rear trailing arm is bent, will my civic trailing arm work if i swap all the hardware to it? (Spindle, bearings, calipers, etc.) Thanks guys in advance

Just keep this in mind, post counts don't mean shit. E does know his shit, and I am not taking anything away from him. But there are some people with high post counts that don'tknow all that much, like people who just post whore the anything goes forum.

Originally posted by Jeef@Mar 18 2004, 09:34 PM
Just keep this in mind, post counts don't mean shit. E does know his shit, and I am not taking anything away from him. But there are some people with high post counts that don'tknow all that much, like people who just post whore the anything goes forum.

Yeah i agree with you, but im speaking from my experience on this board and seeing E post informative posts over and over again, so thats really what i meant. :D

Originally posted by MXDesa@Mar 18 2004, 07:58 PM
Thanks E Sol Si by your number of posts im sure you know what your talking about. BTW- I also have a full Integra Type R suspension, however the rear trailing arm is bent, will my civic trailing arm work if i swap all the hardware to it? (Spindle, bearings, calipers, etc.) Thanks guys in advance

the trailing arms are the same
92b16vx did what you are looking to do (he swapped the 96 ITR brakes on to his stock trailing arms and such)
do a search in this forum he did a nice write up about it :)

Yea, the pics got wiped, when there was fear of the gallery cut backs, and my wife erased all our disc, without backing them up to CD (except hers :( )

But yea you can unbolt your spindles from the trailing arms, there is one large nut, and four Torx bolts on each one. Just remove dust shields and brakelines first.

Get the right ebrake for your chassis with disc, and go.

I would advise getting eight new Torx bolts from Honda, since you will probably destroy most of them taking them out.

If you need, I can go up to the shop and take a couple pics to help you get and idea of what you're in for, and what you'll be looking at.

Thanks a lot 92B16VX im actually familiar with what you are talking about. I was just curious about the trailing arms being the same. Now that i know they are, i can go ahead with the project. Thanks a lot for offering i appreciate it. If those pictures would help someone else in the future, go ahead and get them :D

Back