GT4

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

I love GT4. Who doesnt? But ever since the second version, ive noticed 5% of the cars are Skylines. Seems like they have every Skyline made, especially the latest installments. Skyline 2000GTB, Skyline R32 S-Tune/N1/VspecII/GTR, etc etc etc...

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Mar 8 2005, 11:15 PM
I love GT4. Who doesnt? But ever since the second version, ive noticed 5% of the cars are Skylines. Seems like they have every Skyline made, especially the latest installments. Skyline 2000GTB, Skyline R32 S-Tune/N1/VspecII/GTR, etc etc etc...
[post=470971]Quoted post[/post]​

And the point of all that useless banter/info is...??? :unsure:

Just wondering if everyone noticed. but i think they should take out some of the unless models and put in better cars. i noticed they only have 1 F1 in 4 and more useless cars like the 1hp Mercedes car and some other older ones. I wouldve liked to see at least some ferraris, but at least there is a McLaren now....

Any cars that shouldve been in GT4?

You do realize they can't just "put cars in the game". To use true-to-life models and names, they need to purchase rights to use it. Manufacturers, names, and designs are NOT public domain.

and i believe need for speed owns the license for lambo/ferrari

would be cool to see some more super cars

they do have pagoni zondas though, and they are considered the new kings of the supercar world

Yeah, Electronic Arts (owner of Need For Speed series) has the rights to Lamborghini and Ferrari likenesses and names. I think they have some sort of exclusivity clause in their license contract too.

yeah i know about the licensing stuff.. just read the back of the game book, it has listings for even the tire companies and anything that is mentioned in gt.
I dont think EA has an exclusive deal with ferrari and lamborghini. what about the gotham game on xbox?? swore i saw a f50 and im sure other games have them too.. but maybe they're under the EA umberalla.
Also i wondering go as far as naming the Zonda king. sure its a great car with a v12 AMG engine, but i havent seen a significant track record of them. i still say the mclaren is king, but the saleen s7 and enzo are very close if not even with it.

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Mar 10 2005, 03:00 PM
yeah i know about the licensing stuff.. just read the back of the game book, it has listings for even the tire companies and anything that is mentioned in gt. 
I dont think EA has an exclusive deal with ferrari and lamborghini.  what about the gotham game on xbox?? swore i saw a f50 and im sure other games have them too.. but maybe they're under the EA umberalla.
Also i wondering go as far as naming the Zonda king.  sure its a great car with a v12 AMG engine, but i havent seen a significant track record of them.  i still say the mclaren is king, but the saleen s7 and enzo are very close if not even with it.
[post=471762]Quoted post[/post]​

considering after about 40 super cars...top gear has the pagani in the number one or two spot in their tests around the same track....with the same driver (most of the time, the stig)
im already bored of the game... and im only 24% of the way thru. i feel like ive seen all the cars ther are and all the courses... the only good cars left are LM cars or the jgtc cars..

gt4 is getting a little boring, but its mostly because i lack the funds. i love racing on the "burg." ive yet to get any leman prototype I, R8, GT-One, etc...

it depends on the track and stuff like that. some cars are more well suited for certain tracks, like a type-r and 330si. the bmw would clear win a track that has long straights because of power, but the type-r would win on a track with lots of tight corners. i consider the mclaren f1 as number one because it won numerous times a lemans and even did a couple of 1-2 wins and some other wins, an thats overrall, not just class. like how they consider the skyline the godzilla because it got banned from group a racing or something and won at nuringburg endurances.

1. top gear dubbed the zonda "new king of supercars" and i would think they are qualified to say so :p

2. mclaren's are no longer in production last i knew. i dont even think they tested the zonda against the f1 because of that fact.

3. mclaren is still the best imo, but in current production cars, zonda wins ;)

:D

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Mar 10 2005, 06:05 PM
Yeah, Electronic Arts (owner of Need For Speed series) has the rights to Lamborghini and Ferrari likenesses and names. I think they have some sort of exclusivity clause in their license contract too.
[post=471681]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, Project Gotham uses Ferrari, I doubt the sold any exclusive right to any one manufacturer.

Theres plenty of non-skyline cars on gt4.
Want some real fun? get the buick '62 special and hook it up. That car fucking rocks, and is a pimp lowrider.

word. special kicks ass, one of the fastest around the nurburgring in my game..

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Mar 10 2005, 05:05 PM
gt4 is getting a little boring, but its mostly because i lack the funds. i love racing on the "burg." ive yet to get any leman prototype I, R8, GT-One, etc...

[post=471878]Quoted post[/post]​

So now it would be time to go buy an American car, Perhaps a Viper GTS/SRT-10, Camaro SS, Corvette Z06, 05 Mustang GT, 00 Cobra R (in the used lots), Shelby Series 1 GT supercharged... something of the such.

Go do the American League races. Second race down wins you 10k each of the three races plus the Camaro race car which is a quick $212 grand. I'm up to 25 cars with only 16.2% actually done on the game.

Just clear the trophies and do it as many times as you want for assloads of cash.

Or you could go buy some German or other European cars and do those races.

M3s rule.

way to many skylines? Yeah right, count the number of evos in the damn game. In GT3 I had 7 different evos and the all sucked compared to the GTR's.

"King of Supercars" 1-5 Enzo, Zonda, Mclaren F1, Koesegggggg CC, Del Sol

Originally posted by SolPWR@Mar 25 2005, 07:49 AM
way to many skylines? Yeah right, count the number of evos in the damn game. In GT3 I had 7 different evos and the all sucked compared to the GTR's.

"King of Supercars" 1-5 Enzo, Zonda, Mclaren F1, Koesegggggg CC, Del Sol
[post=478490]Quoted post[/post]​

You're right except for 2 things.

1: The delsol shouldn't be ANYWHERE near that list. 2: the Ariel Atom should be right after the Enzo.

Back