h22 in 94 hb

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondapower

hey guys, i'm new here, in fact this is my first post. i'm basically sick of my slo ass 2001 civic, so i'm sellin it for a 94 hb. now, of course i'm gonna do some kind of motor swap but i'm not sure which one yet. i'm really interested in the h22 motor, tho. now i realize this might have been posted before but i don't see it talked about a lot. What would u need for this swap besides the h22 itself and mounts? axles or anything like that? also, i never understood what an obd2 ecu is all about. can someone explain it? and finally, wouldn't the hb be too heavy in the front with the h22? i would be gutting out the interior so all the weight would be in the front. :unsure:

well if anyone can answer at least one of my Q's i would appreciate it :worthy:

besides the motor and mounts, you need the shift linkage. And if you want a slim radiator fan, or else you have to trim your stock one.

Axles. There is a couple of routes you can take..
You can use the Prelude intermediate shaft w/ DSS axles. or you can use a 1990 Accord intermediate shaft w/ 90-93 Integra axles.

OBD2. a more complex ecu. But if you have a 94 hatch just get a motor that is OBD1 because the hatch is OBD1, and you dont have to worry about that.

And weight... the h22 is roughly 80 lbs heavier then the b series motors.. Its really nothing your going to notice.. if you do your suspension right you its no biggie.

done away with the weight, yes.... but i believe there are still issues of the H series engines sitting further forward in the engine bay and leaning the opposite direction of a B series engine so you still have weight distribution issues, this will still effect handling

Back