H22 Intake manifold on GSR head ?!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Smartass

Ok heres the deal my friend just bought a hatch with a blownup ls/vtec in it. He gave me the intake manifold off of it because im going to build a motor soon. Anyways i checked it when i got home and i noticed it wasnt a b16 intake like the kid told him but actually a h22 intake (p13 casting). Would i be able to use this or would it be better to sell it to someone with a h22? Would there be any gains from this from the 2 piece design or bigger plenum maybe??

Are you building a b16???? I'm surprised that manifold will even fit on a b series engine. Either way, if it's a b series you're building, I really don't think this manifold will give you any serious power gains. Your ecu won't even look for the intake air bypass, so kinda pointless to run the two piece manifold, although you can get around that by running vaccuum straight off the manifold, so it will still work. Overall, you might be better off to run a b series manifold, but if you're short on cash or can't find the proper manifold, then run it and see what happens. As long as everything hooks up properly I don't think you have anything to lose. After all, it was free. BTW, I'm under the impression that this manifold came off an engine that did run fine with it installed at one point. Anyone else have an opinion on this????

Back