H22 N/A Build - Please help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bourdeau9

Hi. I have an EG coupe with a JDM H22. I'm planning on doing an N/A build this winter. Right now, my motor is pretty much stock. I have LSD transmission, Stage 3 clutch kit from Clutch Master, B&M fuel pressure regulator, AEM fuel rail, AEM intake and Apexi World Sport exhaust. Here is what I had in mind for this build. I'm trying to keep this build simple but efficient. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

-TWM ITB
-Crower cams (which cams should I get??...Stage 1, 2, or 3?)
-Crower valvetrain
-H22 Type S pistons (I know you can get the oversize ones. Should I get those and bore, port & polish at the same time or should I just stick with the regular ones??)
-AEM EMS (for obvious reasons)
-H23 Crank??? (I heard that I should do this? Why? And what are my other options?)
-MSD Ignition
-SMSP headers

This car is daily driven. I would like to test it out at the track sometime. I understand that this kind of setup usually decreases driveability, but I'm willing to compensate. Please let me know if you would change, add something or whatever.

Thanks.

Why the stage 3 clutch? That seems like overkill for an essentially stock motor on a street-driven car.

I knew from the start that I was going to build this motor. And as I was doing the swap, I figured I was right there, so I changed the clutch for one that I knew I would need in the long run. Since were on the topic, this stage 3 clutch from Clutch Master is extremely smooth compared to all the other stage 3 clutch that i've tried. ACT, Bully clutches among others are almost not driveable.

Back