h22 pistons and rods

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

typesiracing

is there any reason an h22 pistons and rods won't work in a h23 block with an h23 crank? i think it the same but just checking....thanks

The H23 has a longer stroke. It might work, but I know that the location of the wristpin is important when it comes to the geometry of the motor. Maybe it's close enough to work, and your compression would be hella high. Also, I heard that the valve reliefs are located in slightly different places on the piston tops.

Hope I helped.

Edit: Damn B. You beat me to it.

I got stock H23 rods on JDM Type-S pistons, with ARP rod bolts on the stock shotpeened rods.

I know a guy with slightly used, as in 200 miles used, H23 I beam rods, he is letting for for $250 shipped if you like. h23 rods.

Very good.

Jeff

nah i'm cool....not really sure what i was thinking last night.........but i'm probably going to reuse my crower rods (h23), h23 crank and h22 pistons....thanks

Crower rods, H23 crank H22 pistons, thats a good combination man.

Shoot, I made 180+ WHP with a bone stock H23 block, dish piston! And it ran for 4+ years with well over 100k miles.

Jeff

Back