h22 stroking?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by scottp11@Sep 13 2005, 09:26 PM
It'll work.... The link is about putting H22 pistons in a H23. It suggests that the piston might hit the head, but.... it also says ...."H23 combustion chambers are 3.8cc's smaller than H22's from the factory that is another big factor you will be needing to take into account." Just a suggestion, if you are worried about your compression being too high, you could use a thicker head gasket to bring it down a little.

Use the H23 crank, H23 rods and the H22 prelude type-s pistons for a whole .1 bump in displacement! Good luck on your build.
[post=554082]Quoted post[/post]​

im not worried about the compression being too high...im figureing at the highest it will be 12.5 and i can still run pump gas with that (93). i am just worried about the clearance with crower stage 3 cams.

i'd go for it then. put it together and clay the motor to make sure. should be a sweet setup if those cams aren't too big.

Originally posted by lude9593@Sep 14 2005, 07:06 PM
i'd go for it then. put it together and clay the motor to make sure. should be a sweet setup if those cams aren't too big.
[post=554635]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, make sure you clay the motor. It'll let you know if you're gonna hit the head with the pistons or not. I say go for it though! Good luck! :worthy:

Back