H22 swap...88 EF details

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wow. I am confused, so I drained the oil down about 2 quarts. Didn't change the level on the dipstick... oil looks perfect and has no fuel smell at all. Also the fuel on the dipstick doesn't have much of a oily feel nor look to it. This is mind boggling I disconnected the injectors and am waiting on my noids from snapon. Turned the motor and still seems to have great compression. Am ordering a front remember from explicit speed, whom I am very impressed with, and would recommend there service as they new all about crank pulley clearances and have built to order custom crossword with .... guess what? LOWER and longer radius arms.... something swap shop wasn't aware of. 3 week turn around unfortunately but I would rather deal with experts. So we shall see once the piece gets here. Meanwhile I will be troubleshooting the harness.

I had a 3 month wait for a traction bar on my civic.
to make a long story short, I disputed it with PayPal and got my money back 7 months later.

ok, so fuel rail is disconnected.... and it is filling up the cylinders with fuel,... no power to the rail. its got to be stuck open injectors.. is that typical of a 94 style injector that may have sat a while?

I don't know if it is common or not but I have seen this happen a few times with non honda engines. I would recommend replacing the injectors instead of trying to fix them.

I don't know if it is common or not but I have seen this happen a few times with non honda engines. I would recommend replacing the injectors instead of trying to fix them.

Where is the fuel return line supposed to be at on this chassis?

no problem. EF's are my favorite generation so i am glad to help another one come back to life

Hey nissanguy this a pretty cool swap I hope someday I'll be able to do this on my 4 door. Looks to me like you know how to fab. I have a suggestion that may help you out eliminate the whole stock front crossmember and fab one out of 1"1/2 095 or 120 wall tub and some 3/16 flat plate it's going to give you a lot more space to work with and you can also position the trans mount for Clarence. Having access to a welder and cutting tools changes the game.

Back