H22a Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:withstupid: Id much rather have,say, a mclaren slr than a honda/acura. When it comes down to it, youre still driving an econobox.

Originally posted by trappd-in-859@Jul 8 2005, 01:37 PM
:withstupid: Id much rather have,say, a mclaren slr than a honda/acura. When it comes down to it, youre still driving an econobox.
[post=522758]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, that too. But I meant good luck making a prelude a 10 second car without rocket boosters.... :lol:

Originally posted by reikoshea@Jun 27 2005, 11:38 PM
Well im an H22 freak, and i love the thought of H22A turbo...yummy.

You will need to resleeve the block, and swap the internals...probably about 3 grand in buildup, then about 3-3.5k for the entire turbo setup, get you running at some high boost...ya might put about 350 at the crank...MAYBE 400 at about 25psi.
[post=517214]Quoted post[/post]​

you dont need to resleeve. MAHLE makes pistons specifically for this. use the closed deck block also, it'll be alot better off, plus you save 1000+ by not sleeving the motor.

secondly, if someone is willing to financially back me, and issue the challange, i'll put a prelude into the 10s. and, i'll even use a stock block. it might only happen once, but it'll happen.

ok, off to read more.

Originally posted by nismogod+Jul 8 2005, 03:56 PM-->
reikoshea
@Jun 27 2005, 11:38 PM
Well im an H22 freak, and i love the thought of H22A turbo...yummy.

You will need to resleeve the block, and swap the internals...probably about 3 grand in buildup, then about 3-3.5k for the entire turbo setup, get you running at some high boost...ya might put about 350 at the crank...MAYBE 400 at about 25psi.
[post=517214]Quoted post[/post]​

you dont need to resleeve. MAHLE makes pistons specifically for this. use the closed deck block also, it'll be alot better off, plus you save 1000+ by not sleeving the motor.

secondly, if someone is willing to financially back me, and issue the challange, i'll put a prelude into the 10s. and, i'll even use a stock block. it might only happen once, but it'll happen.

ok, off to read more.
[post=522831]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol:

What year? 97+? Good luck. :)

Base weight = 3009 lbs

According to those pos 1/4 mile calculators, you only need around 550 hp to pull a 10.9 :lol:

honestly i would have to go with the evo. you have an accord, screw that. if you had a lude though, h22 all the way. get the Evo with the warrenty.

and for the record, EVO > STI, both mad cool, but the Evo is sexier

Definitely Evo > STi in looks and Auto Cross (Stock of course)

But in a straight line id have to give it to the STi.

Back