H22a4 Into 95 Civic Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

whosyerdaddy

I blew the stock engine and thought it'd be a good idea to swap in a h22. I already bought HCP mounts and a h22a4 engine from a wrecked 2000 type sh. Then I found out about this obd shit. I'm tryin to figure out the cheapest way to make the most of my situation. You can tell I'm not made out of money cause I'm drivin a fucking civic. The mount kit says it tilts the engine back so i can fit a/c if i want, so do i have to buy a new radiator and fans? Any way to keep the distributor and injectors i already have? And any ideas on how much i should spend on labor? I'd like some help on deez questions

damn.. talk about not doin your homework and just jumpin into shit..lol. You can keep your stock radiator, but you need a slim fan, or trim your stock fan. the nipple of the slave cylinder will hit your radiator fan. You can get a FAL slim fan.. or a cheap Pep boys one... but remember.. you get what you pay for.

You have a h22a4 SH.. you might have ATTS which is a computerized type of LSD. Which will make your wiring a not as fun. And ATTS SUCKS. So see if you have that or not.

Keep the h22 distributor and injectors??? or your civic distributor and injectors?? I dont know which one you want to keep...

Labor normally about 1000 or so.. BUT if you got that shitty transmission you might need to get another transmission.. ive never heard of anyone wiring up ATTS in their civic.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Mar 18 2003, 09:19 AM
No way does he want to keep those puny Civic injectors to run an H22....

i know :) i just wanted to hear him say it :p

Thanks for the help, but a couple more questions. What I was really asking was if the distributor and injectors off the H22a4 would work. Someone told me I'd have to buy obd1 ones. And if I dont hook up the ATTS, what would be the wiring problem? I read it detects wheelspin so the brakes would be applied. If I just used an obd1 ECU, could I skip all this bullshit?

ive never done a obd conversion.. but from what ive read.. yea you have to swap injectors, not sure about the distributor.. And as far as the ATTS thing.. i dont know if your transmission will work properly. I think its more complicated then just not hooking it up. Everyone ive seen that bought a motor with ATTS sold the motor and bought another one, or bought different trannys. And.. you cant just plug in a obd1 ecu and skip it all. The plugs dont even look the same.

I did it. Its in. all it took was me trading my tranny for an lsd tranny. i lucked out big time. check out my new post on april 4 about oil pressure problems. need a bit more help now :D

Back