H23 swap on F20A4 prelude

• Thread starter Thread starter Andris
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 371

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Andris

Hello guys!

I drive a prelude with an F20A4. I loved it! good in the corners, einough power, but I alwais whanted to upgrade it to have more power.
Sadly my girlfriend crashed it yesterday, and I was in shearch of a donor car and foung a 2.3 liter lude, and was thinking on some swaps.
I would like to swap the intake, head, downpipe, and brakes from the 2.3 to mine.
Im not a mechanic Im an engeenier student, and love to work on fine machines.
Could you guys help me with deatils on the swaps?
I know that swapping for an h22 would be the best option, but here an h22 cost more than I am willing to pay for...

If you crashed the car, what do you need from the donor car? sounds like you need body work and a frame puller more than an engine swap. it's a bit confusing on what you are actually trying to do.

If you crashed the car, what do you need from the donor car? sounds like you need body work and a frame puller more than an engine swap. it's a bit confusing on what you are actually trying to do.
I phrased it wrong. It was in a minor accident she hit a guardrail, with the speed of 30 km/h. the front side panel bendt, the headlight broke, the radiator was punctured, the bonnet was bendt, no serious damage to the car, the suspension didn't get hit, the strut mount didnt move. It needs some body work, front bumper, front side panel, front left turn signal, left headlight, servo reservoir, washer fluid tank, a bonnet, a radiator, and a respray.
Im not swapping engines, I wrote that I dont whana swap an h22 in it, becouse it cost more than Im willing to pay for, but would be the best option.
The donor car costs me 1000€ plus transport, and I read that the engine head is swappable, and gives more power, and better fuel economy.
I would like to swap the intake, enginehead, downpipe, and brakes from the 2.3 to mine.
The intake, exhaust, and brakes are easy, but the problem I need help with, is the engine head swap.
I have an F20A4 4th gen prelude, and whant to put an engine head on it from a 4th gen 2.3 lude.
I hope this clears it up a bit...

Back