Handwritten Recognition

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smarty009

Hey guys...do any of you know of a good handwritten recognition reader? We are currently exploring the option of implementing this kind of technology, and I'm looking for the best up-to-date reader, so that our employees can write down their notes on this pad and it will transfer to the computer.

How much do you want to spend? Standard Over the Counter type stuff? Or you want to buy the real deal?

Well there are some Tablet PC's you can purchase for $1500-$2000 that are pretty good for Online Recognition... There is some basic scanner software you can buy for $100-$500, or you can buy a standalone scanner made for handwriting recognition used by businesses to process forms and such for anywhere from $5000-$20,000...

i think we are looking for more of a tablet pc type deal...whats the best most cost-effective tablet pc out there?

ill check them out...i wanna try and find one without the mouse that is in the middle of the keys...you know what im talkin about?

Yeah.. The Nipple, AKA Eraser, AKA Trackpoint mouse..

Most Thinkpads now come with both TrackPoints and Touchpads...

Back