So i went solar...My experience so far

D16Civic

Matt
VIP
Lol I meant I would prefer a lower value to putting those things on my roof.

Not disagreeing with the fact they add value. I don't doubt that at all.

corvetteguy78

VIP
Shit for 50 grand you could have damn near put a C8 in your garage with the golf simulator.
I wish man....But i also don't get a 26% Federal Tax credit on a C8 lol ...as well as a $4500 credit from Connecticut Green Bank. So it's not really 50k, its really like 32k and don't forget that included a brand new roof on a 2500 SQ ft House. So the Solar was really like $23,500 after the credits. Kind of paints a different picture, to me anyway.

B16

Super Moderator
VIP
Shit for 50 grand you could have damn near put a C8 in your garage with the golf simulator.
Thats why you go in with 100 grand so you get both. :p

Seriously though, you'll save money in the long run; either by staying long enough to where it ends up being cheaper than paying your utility or the money you get back +some when selling your home. C8 isn't going to last for shit. And would rather golf outside with friends. :p

invisibledemon

Bored
VIP
ugly or not, if those things are not leased and will be paid off with the closing funds, then they would add value to a buyer depending upon the age and condition of the panels, even more if there was a battery system as well. Issues arise when they are leased, buyers don't want to get roped into another persons lease. If they are paid off, in good condition and still have many years left on the life expectancy then it will be viewed as free electricity even if it is padded into the sales price.

B16

Super Moderator
VIP
We just updated our pricing on Tesla panels.

1592599358959.png

B16

Super Moderator
VIP
Interesting...it's recommending a 12.24KW system for my house with an estimated production of 29-43KHW per day. My LG Panel system is a 11.55KW system and i'm averaging 63.75KWH per day so far
I think they base that off your location; it is a best guess really.