Head Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spoonhonda

:worthy: iS THIS A GOOD OR BAD IDEA AND IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE ALSO WHAT WOULD IT ENTAIL IF SO.

First thing you need to do in any swap is turn off your caplock :D second no Bseries and Dseries parts are not interchangable.Little things like internal ignitors and coils yes,heads,blocks,transmissions no.

What are your goals,as far as performance and what is the budget your working within?

for now i have little budget. i want to put a spoon engine in eventually is there any inexpensive ways to get the car ready for the engine when i get it and are there any little trick you know to do like retarding the distributer and things like that nature.

Well your opening up a big subject here.First the spoon motors,as nice as they are are a waste.You are doing just as good with the B18C5 and some mods,for less.For 2000 ex IMO,your best felt difference is going to be a B18C1 or B18C5 or a ls/vtec frank. because it is a heavy car and you'll be happier than if you go with the B16A2 that the si's come with.For cheap mods,start with the basic's I/H/E and maybe a small dose of nitrous for the added thrill.The intake and exhaust will be able to be used on your swapped motor,but the header won't be (I don't think the D series headers will transfer to the B but it seems like I read this somewhere).You can advance your timing,but it won't yeild a whole lot,and you need to be careful doing it.You can go the H22 route also.It will wind up being a little more than the B18C1 price wise,after installation,but the gains are nice.

also with the spoon engine assembly you dont get any added acessiorys that you would by just going the swap route. All you get is the block and head and everything inside of them. With a full swap, you get all that plus tranny, intake minifold, senosors, ps pump, stuff like that.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Feb 8 2003, 08:40 PM
also with the spoon engine assembly you dont get any added acessiorys that you would by just going the swap route. All you get is the block and head and everything inside of them...

:werd: snap

spoon?

spork racing owns spoon. :p

spoon is such a waste of money. sound sliek someone just wanted the fast and furious again

sporksports1.jpg

Back