header length ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

deity

does anyone know much difference in length is there between the gsr header stock. and the b18b header stock?

i ask this because im going to have an exhaust stop extend my header to mate up to my catback and i need a length.

Originally posted by deity@Jun 12 2005, 05:41 PM
does anyone know much difference in length is there between the gsr header stock. and the b18b header stock?

i ask this because im going to have an exhaust stop extend my header to mate up to my catback and i need a length.
[post=511459]Quoted post[/post]​

B18B won't fit, B16 is what you need.

Not if he's got a 1.8....a B16 header is too short (valve cover to oilpan) because a B16 block is around 8mm shorter than a 1.8 block.

I dunno the exact length...it's a couplea inches. Just drive up there with open header and let the muffler shop put in a piece of pipe whatever length it needs to be.

Originally posted by civicious@Jun 12 2005, 07:10 PM
Not if he's got a 1.8....a B16 header is too short (valve cover to oilpan) because a B16 block is around 8mm shorter than a 1.8 block.

I dunno the exact length...it's a couplea inches. Just drive up there with open header and let the muffler shop put in a piece of pipe whatever length it needs to be.
[post=511469]Quoted post[/post]​

WRONG, a B16 does fit, Numerous of my friends with GSR swap in EG has B16 Unit, Even i have the setup when i first swapped it in.

Originally posted by sihatchback_RL+Jun 12 2005, 10:32 PM-->
civicious
@Jun 12 2005, 07:10 PM

[post=511469]Quoted post[/post]​

WRONG, a B16 does fit, Numerous of my friends with GSR swap in EG has B16 Unit, Even i have the setup when i first swapped it in.
[post=511558]Quoted post[/post]​

SERIOUS??!?! You mean all I have to get for my 95 Civ Coupe and GSR motor is a B16 header and it would mate to my civic cat and exhaust?

:::crossing fingers::::

Originally posted by thr33niL@Jun 13 2005, 11:12 PM

SERIOUS??!?! You mean all I have to get for my 95 Civ Coupe and GSR motor is a B16 header and it would mate to my civic cat and exhaust?

[post=511883]Quoted post[/post]​

I am almost positive that it will, and currently am looking for one locally so I can finish my swap.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Jun 13 2005, 08:57 PM-->
@Jun 13 2005, 11:12 PM

[post=511883]Quoted post[/post]​

I am almost positive that it will, and currently am looking for one locally so I can finish my swap.
[post=511899]Quoted post[/post]​

Keep us up to date on it. I have been messing with my exhaust for 3 weeks trying to avoid a muffler shop. I am :::this::: close to just getting a GSR header and taking her to get fitted.

Originally posted by thr33niL@Jun 14 2005, 01:00 AM

Keep us up to date on it. I have been messing with my exhaust for 3 weeks trying to avoid a muffler shop. I am :::this::: close to just getting a GSR header and taking her to get fitted.
[post=511927]Quoted post[/post]​

For my del sol, My exhaust wasn't the best (muffler shop custom job, crush bent pipes, fat can thermal muffler and my GSR manifold was a few inches short. So instead of going to the muffler shop, I cut the muffler a few inches after the cat flange, and then stuck a slip joint pipe to make up the diffrence.

Here is the outcome..
s3fd53040c8334.jpg

Trust me i put my two cents on the flop that the B16 header will fit. I have swap over numerous GSR in EGs and just took off a header from a blown B16 and slap it on. ANOTHER thing is that you can't use a GSR cat. the stock civic will bolt, with little manly force.

Originally posted by sihatchback_RL@Jun 13 2005, 11:26 PM
Trust me i put my two cents on the flop that the B16 header will fit. I have swap over numerous GSR in EGs and just took off a header from a blown B16 and slap it on. ANOTHER thing is that you can't use a GSR cat. the stock civic will bolt, with little manly force.
[post=511945]Quoted post[/post]​

sihatch, you 100% freakin right.

I took your advice bro and bought a 99-00SI/94-97DelSol DC header and it fit perfect!

Thanks a million man. So much cleaner than chopped, muffler shop type fixes.

So this is double confirmation.. Anyone swaping a B18C into an EG civic can use a DelSol/SI header to span the notorious gap between the collector and cat.

NICE

thr33l, on the b16 header, is there a O2 bung on the header portion. Because if you use your civic cat, there is no O2 bung on it.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jul 1 2005, 12:27 PM
thr33l, on the b16 header, is there a O2 bung on the header portion. Because if you use your civic cat, there is no O2 bung on it.
[post=519271]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah on the B16 header I got (DC) there is an o2 bung down by the collector.

Originally posted by younglord94@Jun 30 2005, 06:35 PM
is it the same in an ek civic i'm putting a b18b1 in my hatch
[post=518861]Quoted post[/post]​

I really cant say for positive but since the header I bought is fitted for 00-01 SI's, if I had a guess, I would say yes.

B16A header will fit, it's just real tight. It should have an o2 bung by the collector no matter what the year it is for, as they all (US models) have one there, just the obd II ones have one on the cat too.

my obd1 92 b18a1 header only had one in the middle of where the heat shield would be. maybe 7-8" from the head. There wasn't one furthur down. That was a pain in the ass.

Back