Headlight out

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chestercheeto48

VIP
Whats up all? Driving home last night I noticed that one of my headlights is out. I am just wondering what you all would recommend for a replacement. I don't remember what I have in there now. I am looking for good illumination not that hid looking ricer crap. Any suggestions? also could you include prices if you could?

Get some real HID's, not the fake ones. I don't remember how much the kits cost but it's worth it.

I thought this was gonna be one of those posts...like

Can some tell me how to replace my headlight bulb? It just went out, I checked all my fuses and none of them are blown. My wiring is already fucked up because I tried to wire some wal-mart foglights into the headlights, so they go on when I turn my headlights on, but you know having electrical tape all over the place and extra wires just sends more volts and such through the wires. Kinda like those super nifty JDM ground kits on ebay. The neon lights are going to have to do for now, or I'm going to duct tape a couple flashlights to my hood.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Sep 28 2004, 08:00 AM
Get some real HID's, not the fake ones. I don't remember how much the kits cost but it's worth it.

Those are now illegal both to sell and to have public highways, I know PIAA makes some clear bulbs which they market as being superior to stock and other "hyper white" bulbs, though i have never tried them, we do sell a good amount and none ever come back

Damn, I never knew they became illegal. Don't the newer luxury cars come with them standard like BMW's and Audi's?

ok let me say this again for the people that can't read. I want good oem replacement bulbs that give off good light. I DON"T want hid fakes, or hid at all just good old fashoned replacements that are just a tad brighter. I have heard something about silverstars? are they good?

Fuck you, learn how to read your own shit or type out what your trying to say correctly.

Whats up all? Driving home last night I noticed that one of my headlights is out. I am just wondering what you all would recommend for a replacement. I don't remember what I have in there now. I am looking for good illumination not that hid looking ricer crap. Any suggestions? also could you include prices if you could?

I don't see anything here that says you were looking for an OEM replacement. And real HID's aren't "HID looking ricer crap", those would be in your Pep Boys where they sell those "blue" replacement headlights. Where I think you should go to buy some more APC parts for your beater.

I gave you my suggestion but your too much an idiot to realize what you wrote in the first place. I answered what you asked and you responded with a usual noobie comment.

92civicb18b1 - It is obvious sir that you are the one with the reading comprehension problem. Where in my first post did I say that I wanted a real set of hid's or even the ricer look alike bulbs? I clearly stated that this was not what I was looking for but you missed that. From your first post you told me to get hid's which as you should know are illegal in anyway shape or form to mod into a vehicle unless you use the original housing. Do me a favor quit skimming posts, getting half of the info and wasting my time.

I would like to thank b16crx because he actually came back with some useful info. I have also heard that silverstars are about the same but 20.00 cheaper do you have any experience with these?

I use silverstars. They were in the car when i bought it. Although i didnt know that. One day my bulb b;ew and i replaced it with what i thought was just a normal bulb. Well i got alot more light from the silverstar headlight then i did with just a normal run of the mill headlight bulb. So yeah for the 20 bucks or whatever they are worth it. But i would check into those PIAAs... they are a good quality and i know a few buds who have them and they seem brighter than my silverstars.

You should know by now, that there was no need for your first stupid comment.

Where in my first post did I say that I wanted a real set of hid's or even the ricer look alike bulbs?

You didn't say you wanted anything, you asked for suggestions on what to replace your bulbs with. I suggested real HID's.

I clearly stated that this was not what I was looking for but you missed that

Wrong, you stated:

I am looking for good illumination not that hid looking ricer crap.

Guess what gives you good illumination...HID's....Guess whats not hid looking ricer crap...real HID's..

This is not clearly stating anything

I am just wondering what you all would recommend for a replacement. I don't remember what I have in there now. I am looking for good illumination not that hid looking ricer crap

Gave it to you, you didn't like it.
Told you what would give you good illumination with the information I had

From your first post you told me to get hid's which as you should know are illegal in anyway shape or form to mod into a vehicle unless you use the original housing.

I think they do make kits for this, you can still use your old housing I believe. I could be wrong though.

I don't think most states would bother you if you had HID's in your car, the only thing that you may have a problem with is passing inspection. That's when you just swap the bulb out if it isn't in the original housing or make it so it appears legal.

Just so you know, if you want to get an answer next time, type your post clearly. And don't go talking BS to someone who might have the right answer for you or the suggestion you just may take.

Now to answer you, since you finally "clearly" stated what you want instead of bs'in back and forth. I would go with the silverstars as well.

HIDs are illegal in the US unless used in a previously DOT approved application. You can't put HIDs in a car that never had them, unless another form of that car has HIDs from the factory and is certified to run on US roads- like installing HIDs into an E46 BMW using factory housings and projectors- that's legal. Putting HIDs into a Civic is 100% illegal no matter how you look at it.

If you're still going to put HIDs in a Honda, please please make sure that you do a proper projector retrofit so that you don't throw glare in everyone's eyes and give lawmakers even more ammunition to tighten up regulations.

Good replacement bulbs:

Sylvania Silverstar
PIAA Platinum Superwhite

I see now, I did not know it was illegal. I'm not sure if I see the point but there are a lot of laws I don't agree with.

Well, considering how many people put HIDs into non-HID housings and then proceed to not aim them properly or make shields so they don't throw glare everywhere, it's pretty easy to see why there's a law specifically banning it.

Now I understand, just some idiots fucked it up. It shouldn't be illegal though, just the person who was retarded enough not to do it right should be cited.

Back