1965 C10 k4a2 swap.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The Judas Goat

As the title says, I've got a 1965 C10. It's a pretty original truck, but I'm extremely bored, and it's got a 230 motor that gets 10mpg with almost no power. 2 years ago, I purchased a 3.9l cummins and rebuilt it to use as a powerplant for it, but after fixing up a K5 Blazer with a diesel, I don't want another diesel.

So, I'm going to sell my 4bt motor/nv4500/accessories and buy a motor out of a TSX and turbo it. I found you can basically buy adapter plates to mate to any rwd transmission. Everywhere I read said the TSX k24 is the way to go and an S2000 transmission is the match for it. However, I may go with an NV3500 or an RX8 transmission. Whichever I can find at the pull apart first.

The issue I'm running into is finding the best stand alone ECU harness. Most appear designed to fit in specific models. I really want a good universal one.

Also, I plan on turboing the motor, and am looking for a good medium priced kit.

I can weld my own mount brackets, but I'm not quite sure what other parts I should be planning on purchasing. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Honestly? They are just as available as the LS motors and lighter and cheaper. Plus, with the right block, I can supe it up relatively inexpensive. Also, nobody has done it, and I like the idea of people's disgust when they see what's under the hood. I have to keep the truck for life, as it's a family vehicle, so resell value means nothing to me.

Back