HELP car dosnt turn off

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

efhatch9086

:confused:me and a buddy just did a sohc vtec zc swap in a 90 std civic hatch and convered the hatch to obd1 and mpfi and vtec and when we started it up it started up then we went to turn if off and it wouldnt we turn the key off and pulled it out it kept running so we disconnected the ground on the battery it still kept running so we disconnected the positive battery cable and it still was running so at this time the batter is out of car key is to and car is still running so i un did the ecu and it turned off so my question is y isnt it turning off when i turn key off or even un did battery?
thanks for any and all help:confused::mad:

First off when you start the engine your car uses the alt to power everything not the battery so taking it out would do nothing unless you had a bad alt. Secondly you probably have the "always ON" wire connected to the "Ign. ON" pin of the ecu.

Get a multimeter and check the power pins on the ECU. You can use the ECU pinout to tell you which wire should be connected as Always ON and which one should be ON in Run/Start.

Back