Help Idle jumps

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

azskateman

Anyone had any experience with the idle jumping from about 800 to 1300 and then back again? I do have a check engne light witch is because of the Knock sensor but it only comes on when the car has heated up.

Dustin

The problem is quite common with Honda engine swaps. I've found alot of different reasons for this problem to occur so a simple answer I cannot give. I can say that the first thing you should check is your coolant level. Make sure it is topped up and no air locks are present. An air lock in the system can prevent coolant from reaching the Idle Air Control motor and will cause the IAC not to function properly. Search the problem on this web site. I thought I seen an archive or something on this very problem.

That whole engine is sensors and the TPS is a sensor, if it is bad and not reading correctly or sending info incorrectly, your engine will not respond accordingly. A bad TPS is pretty common is swaps.

Originally posted by randerson165@Mar 30 2004, 04:28 PM
That whole engine is sensors and the TPS is a sensor, if it is bad and not reading correctly or sending info incorrectly, your engine will not respond accordingly. A bad TPS is pretty common is swaps.

yeah mine was like that too after my swap, however, my problem was that the spring was stuck, remove it an if necessary replace it...

I'd start with the cooling sys having air and checking the IAC valve first. If the TPS is ok, you take it off it will be out of whack after moving it.

Back