Help Me Please!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94hatch

<span style='font-family:Impact'>HELP ME PLEASE</span> :(

yo whats goin on? heres the deal, i got a 94 hatch that i picked up last october for 3000. a white cx...manual..... Its currently got 135 k on the body right now and im dyin to do a swap. Its been a goal since day one.

Now riding in the stock cx pushes 70 hp (well back in 94 it did)...Im only 16 and I love my hatch but I cant wait to drop something new. Now heres where u help me...

What should I get? Should I get B16a? Or GSR? JDM MOTOR? or USDM MOTOR?

Right now I have 2 grand in the bank....

Remember, Im only 16, Its my first car..I want to make the right move cause im dying to do rims/tires (velox vx-8 gunmetal or rota slipstreams) springs and shocks, exaust blah blah blah....

But you gotta give me your thoughts thanks

:unsure: 94hatch <_<

under normal circumstances, id say do suspension first, but the CX is jsut a dog =)
the problem is- with 2 grand, you aren't doing shit. a b16 for your car is 2300+shipping+a bbunch of misc parts/hoses/ and so forth- so expect 3k. a gsr, expect 4k.

keep saving dude :)

LOL, I would say that you could do an LS swap into your hatch if you can get the entire swap for under 2 grand and do all the work yourself. Of course always expect to spend more than you budgeted. If your budget is 2k, take your 2k times 1.5 and you'll come out with what you will actually spend at the end of the project...3 grand. If you can't swap the engine yourself, expect to pay between 600-1000 dollars for a shop to do the swap for you. In all reality I would tell you to just F$%K the rims and all the bling bling crap. You're broke and want power, not to tell others that your car is good and ready to get stolen. I think that you could get all the parts you need for under 2000 if you search around a lot, ALOT. Best of luck.

PS: Nice html usage... :lol: :rolleyes:

show me where i said anything about 2 grand was my budget ill have atleast 3 grand by mid april...damn u guys jump to conclusions pretty quick, and pissedoffsol, where are u lookin at your prices cause your gettin pretty ripped if you'd even think of paying 3 grand for a b16a or 4 grand for a GSR. Installations not a problem, not a problem at all. Just a simple question

They are talking about if you go to buy the stuff, not them. A b16a2 anyways is 2300 everywhere and a gsr is about 3600-3900 everywhere. www.hybridrevolution.com makes some good deals on engines, and will be probably your cheapest bet.
Right now I have 2 grand in the bank....
There you go.

If your really hard up,just get a D16Z6,cheapesr swap with the least amount of work and it is a healthy motor compared to the little engine you got now.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra Posted on Mar 2 2003@ 06:43 PM
A b16a2 anyways is 2300 everywhere and a gsr is about 3600-3900 everywhere

Do a little research before blurting out prices and motors.He's got a 94 CX (OBD I) +(OBD IIb) B16A2 = headache.A B16siRII (OBD I,like his car) is around $2100-$2200 to start,if you get lucky it won't be more than a couple hundred more to get in.GSR's cost more like $3100-$3300 "everywhere".

B16sir2 2250 from hmotorsonline.. you will need to add wiring for the 4 wire o2 and you wont have any vtec wiring i dont think. You can use OEM mounts (all 3 TEG mounts).. should be a fairly simple swap

GSR is 3100 or so, depending on mileage and condition.. you will need a complete swap can still use teg mounts. You will need to wire o2 and knock sensor.

IMo, the draw backs of gsr's are the IM bolt pattern on the head (i like to have th ability to swap more stuff then is available for them)

Well where are you? Any inspections or anything you gotta pass? It really doesn't matter which swap you go for. You know how much motors cost, then add one to two grand for the little stuff.

JDM motors are not legal to swap into any car, according to the epa, but if no one looks it doesn't matter.
USDM motors are usually easier to find local and can save you some shipping.

For a hatch I'd go with an LS swap and if it's not fast enough turbo it later on. Cheap and easy to swap yourself. Spend extra $ on a LSD and good suspension.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Mar 2 2003, 03:30 PM-->
If your really hard up,just get a D16Z6,cheapesr swap with the least amount of work and it is a healthy motor compared to the little engine you got now.

Slammed89Integra Posted on Mar 2 2003
@ 06:43 PM
A b16a2 anyways is 2300 everywhere and a gsr is about 3600-3900 everywhere

Do a little research before blurting out prices and motors.He's got a 94 CX (OBD I) +(OBD IIb) B16A2 = headache.A B16siRII (OBD I,like his car) is around $2100-$2200 to start,if you get lucky it won't be more than a couple hundred more to get in.GSR's cost more like $3100-$3300 "everywhere".

sorry was talking out of my ass.

Originally posted by solblu@Mar 3 2003, 01:38 AM

JDM motors are not legal to swap into any car, according to the epa, but if no one looks it doesn't matter.

Have you actually read this?From everything I have read,like the CARB posted in the FAQ,it is legal if you have all the smog equipment from the motors year installed on the motor.But I have been hearing a lot of talk about some "new" laws that no one can seem link to,if you can that would be cool info.

Get an LS motor. It'll be much faster than you are now, and it'll give you some money to get some slipstreams with tires for 500.

Don't push yourself, save that money and gently look for that B18C, if you do find JDM, it'll be the best....depends on what you are running.....my shop does sell USDM and JDM motors, but i'm pretty sure you can't be able to purchase it from me with 2k......keep it up young buck...

thanks, just thought id ask you guys what you thought. usdm, jdm, b16, b18, ls etc. just thought id get the idea, even tho i said i had 2 grand in the bank that doesnt mean thats all im willing to be again i will have 3 grand atleast by april if not more. Im not sweatin paying shipping fees or installation fees, i just wanna have everything set for summer time :D

it'll save you more if you do a whole lot of research.....installing the motor and making it run by yourself is a must. with the installation fee, you could of built that motor. B18C into EG6 is not hard at all. wiring is easy as hell too....if you need some advice, holla at me.

Originally posted by civicSiR1@Mar 3 2003, 09:06 PM
it'll save you more if you do a whole lot of research.....installing the motor and making it run by yourself is a must. with the installation fee, you could of built that motor. B18C into EG6 is not hard at all. wiring is easy as hell too....if you need some advice, holla at me.

I doubt the installation fees would cost the same as a built motor,but it would be a good learning experiance none the less.

the reason why we concluded that you wanted to do the swap now with 2k is because you said you were dieing to do a swap.

On hmotorsonline.com , they have a b16aSiRII for...

1900 + shipping (probally 200 more at least). Hmotorsonline deal
It does not come with...

shift linkages (about 50-100)
mounts (100-150 for OEM, 300 for aftermarkets),
Axles, (about 200 guestimation)

then the stuff you HAVE to do when you do a swap...

Timing belt and water pump, (100 or less combined probally)
Clutch (200-300),
Fluids (50-75)

Then things that are a pretty comman to do with a swap
Cold/short ram air intake (1-200)
Extra money for what ever comes up (100)

Swaps are not cheap, and yes I know what you are felling, i am 16 also and i cant wait to get a swap done but Money comes slowly in the winter.

If you can find a USDM engine in decent shape i would go with that BUT the only USDM b16 engine that is your OBD is the one from the Del Sol VTEC which was only made 94-95 under OBD1 (only about 10% of all sols) With the GSR, again only one that will basicly just go right in is the 94-95. This is why so many chose to go with JDM, there is so much more availibility. (sp?)

Originally posted by asmallsol Posted on Mar 3 2003@ 09:37 PM

:( Mine was 70 for the belt and 69 for the waterpump.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Mar 3 2003, 03:54 PM-->
asmallsol Posted on Mar 3 2003
@ 09:37 PM

:( Mine was 70 for the belt and 69 for the waterpump.

going through Hparts.com, you could probally get an OEM one for cheaper than what you paid. Did you just go straight through a dealer?

For the timing belt I went to the dealer,but I got the waterpump online,don't remember which one but I can have my wife check the invoice.

Back