Help!!! Need Advice.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

leonc

So I have a 94 civic EX (d16z6 with a 5 speed).... About 5 days ago it flash flooded here in Las Cruces NM. Im talking like 5 inches. It never rains here. So, i was driving home and hit a puddle far deeper than i realize (I have a cold air intake). After hitting the puddle my car just died. Me and my buddy push it into a parking lot and let it sit for about 30min. After that i try starting it and it takes about 5 tries of cranking it for over 20 seconds. It finally statrs and the motor is making a loud clanking noise and i mean loud. It sounds like metal against metal. I figure it is a bent valve, but relize it could be worse. Well since I had a 3 day weekend me and my friend decide to pull the whole motor since it is not hard. Well i got the motor out and took the head off today. NO BENT VALVES. PISTONS ARE IN GREAT CONDITION. But i turned the crank and on the upward stroke of piston 1 and 4 there is a spot where it "catches" and I have to use great force to get the those pistons to TDC, but on the uppward stroke on 2 and 3 it is as smooth and a babies ass. This doesn't seem normal. I know an h23 doesn't have a "hard spot" becuase I put together one of those. What do you think guys and gals think it is? What do you think I should do? I have been looking at the SiR II complete motor swap with LSD. But i would have to put all of it on my credit card. Please give me advice.

Thanks and God Bless
Leon

Sorry, i posted in wrong forum. Can an moderator please move to Members Lounge or appropriate forum. Thanks and sorry.

Sounds like it's time to break out the plastic :)

Realley it depends on if you feel like replacing the rod(s), or just taking this as a sign that it's time to do what you wanted to anyway.

Back