Help With An 89 Civic!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ma89Honda

I've been reading up and would like to do an engine swap. I was leaning toward a B16 A, but I'm not sure anymore. My friends and I race on weekends and most of them have camaros, mustangs or trans-ams. Is there anything I could do to ever be able to beat them or is it a waste of time to work on my car(89 civic hatch, manual)?
thanks for help

yes a H22A turbo would be a V8 killa but in order to do the engine swap you would need
ECU
motor mounts
wiring kits
ect.
the H22A sits reverse in the engine compartment as the stock engine that is in it which is prob a D16 or a D15 it would cost quite a bit but it is well worth it. if you want to be a V8 Killa

in an 89 civic, a b16sir 1 with some mods will be a v8 killer and not have to fuck with the mods to get a h22 into that car.

motor mounts (if they are even made for a 4th gen) and then you need a slim radiator/fan and other mods to get a turbo into there. There is a link around here somewhere to a 1st gen rex with a h23 in it and there is literally 3 inches of room from header and core support...

Originally posted by hondahauge@Feb 16 2003, 10:03 PM
yes a H22A turbo would be a V8 killa but in order to do the engine swap you would need
ECU
motor mounts
wiring kits
ect.
the H22A sits reverse in the engine compartment as the stock engine that is in it which is prob a D16 or a D15 it would cost quite a bit but it is well worth it. if you want to be a V8 Killa

What the fuck are you talking about "sits reverse"What mount kit,I haven't seen one,HAsport doesn't have one.

Anyway,a B16A siR would be the easiest with the best results,a ZC would be easier,but the end isn't as nice.A B18C1 if you got some money,will move that car.

thanks for the replies. With a B16 sir, what else would I need, besides the engine(ECU,mounts,ect) to compete with v8's? In other words, could i put one in and leave everything else stock until i had more money, and still keep it as a daily driver? What would the prices be for full swaps of B16 sir1 and H22A(including any other stuff i would need)?
thanks

You could supercharge it,less maintainance than a turbo great on a B16 for daily driver due to instant power and will add to a already fast combination.

Back