help with JDM B18C-R swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

99SLOWCX

hello, i just recently got back into the tuning scene, its been about 8 years since i had my last honda. anyways i have been researching for about two weeks as much as possible before i ask these questions. First thing First. i have a 99 civic cx with the non vtec d16, i am putting togther my shopping list for my b18c R swap, this is what i think i need
1. 98+ spec jdm b18c R with tranny and harness with all sensors and components
2. ecu, okay it comes with the jdm p73 will that work for my obd2b
3. b series axels
4. b series mounts with 99-00 si rear bracket, one of the hasport mounts comes with either two bolt style or a 3 bolt style, not sure what one i need?
5. rywire vtec sub harness
6. b series shift linkage

things i am not sure...
my dizzy plug on my harness is a little different so how do i splice it?
what ecu should i use for tuning and making it a simple swap, and depending what one i get what sensors do i have to add or delete?
and what if any bracket for my d series throttle cable do i use or throttle cable do i use instead
i know this is alot but im just trying to get my ducks in a row before i accomplish this goal, so any help is appreciated :cool:

Many knowledge of OBD2B situations is not as good as others here but I will give my opinion.

I'm pretty sure you can use the type r distributor plug (on harness) and re-pin it to your civic harness. I also believe you have a 3-pin (3-wire) IACV and the type r is a 2-pin. And I think ffsquad.net has stuff on that subject. I tried to see if there is a dizzy conversion harness but only found conversions for non-99/00 Civics. But I think ffsquad can help.

In terms of throttle cables...I believe yours is too short. A GSR throttle cable is longer and will work.

Also......I'm not sure but a 96-98 Civic EX engine harness "may" Have the same distributor plugs....? Worth looking into. And it will have VTEC wired into the harness

You can buy a jumper for the dizzy plug for like $25 to make it painless.
If you are talking about the driver side top mount, it's a 2 hole.
Your throttle cable should work, if not, you could play with the bracket placement or an ex cable will work since the type r has a b16 style manifold.
As for the ecu, see if they can't ship you an obd2b p73 with the motor if it doesn't already come with it.
P73's are obd2a or obd2b.

okay thanks, with the jdm p73 ecu will it have that immobilization thing going on,
will i have any tuning issues with it as well, like what tuner do i use for it,
also besides the vtec and dizzy, what all will i have to add or delete as far sensors for my stock cx wiring harness,

I cannot verify the JDM P73 but I do know JDM PRC (02-04 RSX Type R) didn't start immobilizers until about 5-6 years ago. So I do not think the P73 will have it.

Also.....I refered to the IACV in my first post....it is worth looking into....in terms of sensor you asked if you need to worry/modify them.

I would like sopmeone to post a link to this conversion for the dizzy....I look and came up with nothing :huh:

okay, does the jdm ecu's use one o2 sensor or does it use 2,
i am trying to find info on the iacv conversion or adapter for the dizzy,
so other than that this swap sounds relatively easy, too good to be true?

Back