help with newly bought car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

damn man 800 dollars? hmmm...the primer looks like it was a spray can job...umm the dents and shit OUCH thats gonna take some work...uhhh lets see the motor mount thing...I dunno what to even call that the chassis bracket? your like me man lol..im 17 but I bought my first 92 SEDAN with a 98 DX motor...lowering springs top of the line shocks headlight and tailight kit...and cold air intake for 2000...with some normal honda rust and what not...go buy a haynes manual for sure for a 91 acura integra LS I believe is what engine that is...umm but that bracket I would go to the junkyard and get one...umm as for installing it..not that hard...jack the engine up enough to let it set on it then put the jack all the way up replace that mount and set the engine back in place..and connect the mount...just takes some time do you have any friends to help you with the car?
o ya at least the interior looks someone clean lol...you should see mine! lol nice brake pedal too :p

haha the hatch suckered me in.. i paid 600 for it but i havent paid it off... im not planning to either because the guy has never called me about it and he prolly knows it was a rip but yeah i already got the mount welded.. its nothing i could just take off because its bolted on plus part of it was originally welded on to the chassis.. but its all fixed now.. just wanted to show ppl what in the world i was talking about.. does anyone know NOW what that piece is called??

to whom ever suggested to the kid to find a b16 head/trans... thats pretty stupid. he isnt well versed. he's 17, he cant afford to have someone do the head nor the trans swap for him. Not to mention he doesnt have the proper knowledge to do so either.

look, man. keep the car simple. in all reality. fix all the small things before they become bigger.

I bought my integra when i was 17. i was more worried about making it fast and all this other shit than fixing the small problems the car had. with time those small problems became bigger. EI: leaky cowl which led to 3 blower motor failures, which led to countless blown fuses. Had I known the cowl leaked and had I known the problems it would have led to, I would have ordered the $19 in OEM parts and fixed it before spending $60 in blower motor, $20 in fuses. etc...

so just get the small shit fixed. work and work and work. dont worry about going out and partying. blah. that shits gay and you arent old enough anyway.

Owning my car for 3 years, going on 4 Im just now getting around to the small problems.

well yeah i got the bumpers reattached n everything and the mount welded and the camshaft seals replaced and all these leaks fixed.. total of about 1075... there was alotta stuff that this mechanic guy fixed for example he talked about fixing the idler and all the sensors.. but i still dont have the ls ecu n he says that the car runs fine.. but theres these problems that i still have like the car wont even start even with a BRAND new battery... i have to pop the clutch just to get it started... it grinds into third.. and the car just starts to vibrate when it goes into high rpm or 3rd gear.. i really wish i could take it to some person who knows alot about hondas with swapped engines.. but i dont kno what shop to trust or not.. anyone here on honda swap willing to help me ou that lives in SOCAL?? its either that or some guy from indiana wants to trade me his eg with a stock motor for my ef..

Originally posted by y0iTsDEENOSE@Aug 5 2005, 12:52 AM
its either that or some guy from indiana wants to trade me his eg with a stock motor for my ef..
[post=536021]Quoted post[/post]​

if its legit, do it. if you were in Arizona, i'd help ya out. but im like 4 hours east of you.

if we don't be nice theres a pissedoffsol that brings the wrath of god upon us.

if i only had pics of my CRX, man, it looked just like yours!... think I'll make some and post em. keep workin' and eventually it will all pay off, and follow the other guys advice, fix the small stuff first. good luck man.

edit: oh and you look a lil young to drive, can you even reach the pedals? :D

we all started some where whether it was as bad as your shape or a little better.

its either that or some guy from indiana wants to trade me his eg with a stock motor for my ef..

i would take him up on it

haha yeah i can reach the pedals.. but its either the stage 2 clutch or transimission.. because the clutch is sooo loong?? its horrible and im still getting used to it.. im not sure if its the clutch thats long but uhmm yeah i release the clutch and i press the gas and then i rev for like FOREVER cuz yea the thing is so long.. watever it is.. and this engines excuast is HORRIBLY loud.. this car is currently NOT running again cuz i dont kno either the batterys faulty but it seems like its been drained.. and its brand new.. jus some random thoughts about the car

and on those dents.. do you think i could just hammer those out>> someone told me to try a soft faced hammer.. w/e that is..

so yeah, once upon a time I was like 17 and I went to this junkyard and saw this:

crapcrxjunk.jpg

someone was very angry at this car at some point:

crapcrxint.jpg

the obligatory look under the hood revealed that it seemed to have all its ducks in a row:

crapcrxhood.jpg

incredibly I was able to just drive it out of the junkyard:

crapcrxpass.jpg

I fitted some plexiglass for a drivers window first thing. winter sux!:

crapcrxdriv.jpg

then I gave it a lil paint job. Look familiar?:

blackcrxpass.jpg

Then I handed it over to autobody professionals.:

redcrxfront.jpg

redcrxrear.jpg

now I'm living happily ever after. The End. (swap to come!)

keep workin' at it bro.

as far as the electrical problems your having, I 2nd the suggestion that you get a haynes manual for whichever car originally had your engine. Could be so many things.

on this CRX? not a dime. it's still got all the same abused crap under the hood, that it had in the junkyard! haven't replaced a thing under the hood in the few years i've had it except for oil and filter. Granted I have a different car as a daily driver and haven't driven it much. Now that the body is (mostly) done it's time for the 'under the hood' stuff.

personally, I wouldn't put another penny into your civic... but that's just me. you're on a mission to prove people wrong, and that's understandable.

you mentioned you can get it started the old fashioned way, by popping the clutch. does the engine run ok? from what you've said so far I would say the transmission is nearly shot though. popping the clutch to start it with a stage2 clutch isn't healthy either lol.

the electrical stuff might be over your head... but the first place I would look is the starter/selanoid..... get yourself haynes manuals for BOTH cars actually, the civic and the integra.

Originally posted by y0iTsDEENOSE@Aug 7 2005, 02:17 AM
good thing you got rid of the rice gils
[post=536829]Quoted post[/post]​

one side was rusted through on the bottom so I told them to just go stock. I would have kept them if they were ok though... maybe. They are known as "Z3 fenders" btw. the body was so bad and it cost so much that I kind of regret it now, but hey, I resurrected a CRX Si from it's grave!

yep, pr4, thats the ECU you need. as far as that particular ECU, it's customized (chipped pr4). for simplicity's sake I wouldn't get that particular one. I would ask around hondaswap.com there's got to be a bunch of pr4's floating around.

Originally posted by y0iTsDEENOSE@Aug 7 2005, 12:57 AM
haha yeah i can reach the pedals.. but its either the stage 2 clutch or transimission.. because the clutch is sooo loong?? its horrible and im still getting used to it.. im not sure if its the clutch thats long but uhmm yeah i release the clutch and i press the gas and then i rev for like FOREVER cuz yea the thing is so long.. watever it is.. and this engines excuast is HORRIBLY loud.. this car is currently NOT running again cuz i dont kno either the batterys faulty but it seems like its been drained.. and its brand new.. jus some random thoughts about the car
[post=536816]Quoted post[/post]​

does it crank at all? even if it's slow.

no thats just a chip you linked to on ebay, you need an actual pr4 ecu or maybe a crx si ecu would work? sounds like you have a bad alternator and possibly starter. like i posted before if someone said they would trade you for a running decent shape eg i would go that way.

Back