help with newly bought car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm sure he's not trying to skip out on your deal... This kid seems like he's on a REALLY tight budget, he's just looking to get the best deal on the parts he needs so he'll have more money for all the rest of the stuff he needs to fix on the car.

Originally posted by scottp11+Aug 7 2005, 04:31 PM-->
I'm sure he's not trying to skip out on your deal... This kid seems like he's on a REALLY tight budget, he's just looking to get the best deal on the parts he needs so he'll have more money for all the rest of the stuff he needs to fix on the car.
[post=537029]Quoted post[/post]​

I was asking a simple question.

y0iTsDEENOSE
@Aug 7 2005, 05:23 PM
i cant be flaking.. because ive already sent the check :)
[post=537048]Quoted post[/post]​

Again, asking a question. That's all.

I know what its like to be a tight budget, extremely tight.

ok so this isnt the biggest problem.. but i am a noob and the lowbeam lights arent working on my civic.. both of them.. so i go to autozone and buy a pair of lowbeam headlight bulbs.. i put em in.. funny thing is these light bulbs are all clear and the ones that i took out that were originally there were purple.. but anywho i put em on and i turn on the car.. and to my disgust, the bulbs do no light.. then i go to see and inspect them and burn the living hell out of my finger.. so theres electricity going through but NO light??? any help would be appprrecciaated!!

and also a minor problem is i bought some jdm turn signals from ebay.. and they DONT fit on my usdm bumper.. shoulda seen JDM... but i was in a rush cuz it was so cheap.. do you guys think i could just cut the bumper and fit in the jdm lights and then tape it all up?? and also for the turn signal bulb.. is it suppossed to be 1156LL or 1157LL?? pleaasee heelppp :worthy:

You sure the lights are not working?

I dont see how they can get hot and not work at all.

And I wouldn't suggest touching the bulbs itself. The oil from your hands is no good for it.

ok they DO work.. but only when i put the highbeam on... so i just ended up putting it in highbeam and just disconnected the high beamlights themselves.. for some reason when i put it on low beam the lights just dont work.. and also my backlights only work when i stop.. probably a wiring issue??

well i got it to start today.. i took this lil thing that was clipped onto the wiring of the starter... i think it was hooked up to the alarm.. but ever since i took it off n jumping the car.. its been able to start good... it idles at a high rpm when i first start it but lowers after i warm it up.. i really need a muffler tho cuz this thing is just waayyy tooo LOUD.. i dont really kno what to do next.. whether to save up for a paint job... get the SiR front end conversion cuz the front is really jacked up.. plannig to get it from password jdm.. or rebuild the engine or actually shop for a B18b... so much moneeeyyy :(

h0ly crap! youre in a shit load of work.... it'll take a lot of love and hard work to get it the way u want it...

anyway, the bulb definately sounds like a fuse. look under the steering wheel and find the fuse box. see if the low beam lights are blown. if not, try checking the wiring. make sure everything is connected. they clip them sometimes to make the side markers blink faster :ph34r:

and the problem with ur car just revving and grinding...... it sounds like a worn clutch.

haha yeah i think the guy gots the lights on hyper mode.. i heard yo uburn out bulbs faster (duh).. i wonder how that can be adjusted.. i think ill take more pics of the car tonight to show what kinda junky wiring this guy had on the car

oh yeah as for the oil, 20-watever sounds too thick for ur motor. stick to 10w-30 or 5w-30. Running thicker oil protects ur engine but robs power and gas mileage. 20-somethings usually are turbo cars that need the extra thickness for the turbo(s) too.

and try not to touch the bulbs with ur bare hands. halogen bulbs like to pop and spread glass everywhere when theyre hot and u touch them because of the oil on ur fingers.

pics

engine bay shot
006.jpg

come on JDM lights! get in my BUMPAA!!
005.jpg

the thing that was clipped onto the starter wire that i took out... it was part of the alarm im guessing??
004.jpg

stupid alarm.. it went off on me but ever since i took that one wire out.. when it went off.. it was REALLY low.. so the alarm was going off but it was funny cuz it wasnt even noisy
003.jpg

ghetto FABuLOUS BABy!!
002.jpg

wth did he do?!?!
001.jpg

and about the lights thing.. me n my friends ended up putting the turn signal light into my corner light.. i had to like break the hole thingy tho.. but its working now.. and for my second corner light.. one bulb still seemed to work.. i cant seem to find the wiring for the passenger side signal light.. its like it disappeared.. all the lights are there and even the horn but no right signal light or wire.. as if it was never even there..

but an update on the trade thing.. the guy with the eg i guess changed his mind.. but some guy was suppossed to come today and check out the car.. he wants to trade his 1986 mazda rx-7.. but as days pass and the more i work on this car.. it makes me want to keep it more n more.. :blink:

Back