Hf Monster...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

flipend47

i had planned on putting an ls engine and tranny in a 91 crx hf and running turbo - the classic ls turbo setup. then i read the "creating an HF all-motor monster" article and was wondering if i could swap the heads, use some other si parts, and run the ls tranny for the turbo. good idea - bad idea? how much would that benefit compared to just running ls turbo? is it worth taking the long way areound?

personally i would save my cash and just get the LS motor.... for the 500 bucks that that swap will cost, that is half the cost of an LS motor and tranny...
good luck man...

Since you didnt secify, i am gonna assume you are going to be using the ls block. Swapping out the LS head for a v-tech one is a fairly simple and streight forward plan. Its also a good idea in that you gain low end torque and high end power. Remember, all b series head, blocks, and trannies are interchangable with slight modifiacation. The article on the HF dealt with the single overhead cam non-vtech eight valve d series engine. Going from a d block to a b series head is impossible, it would just not line up properly, atleast as far as i know. I hope this helps

Zee

he was referring to our "building an HF all motor monster" article by chet, which uses stricltly d series parts

Yeah i kinda figured that, but when he said that he would use the ls tranny, that threw me of into thinking he wanted to use the ls block with a d series vtech head.

i read the "creating an HF all-motor monster" article and was wondering if i could swap the heads, use some other si parts, and run the ls tranny for the turbo

I dunno, maybe it was just me. hehe

Back