high compression low boost??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

highperboi

i have a gsr motor with p30 pistons. Cspeed says its 11.5 compression. when i do a compression test it reads 220. is it safe to boost this motor? everything is stock in it. my turbo setup is a T3 .42 .48 turbo, 5inch JRC intercooler, 2.5 inch pipeing, spoolin log manifold, spoolin downpipe, electronic cut out, hondata s200 with Boost upgrade, DSM 440 injectors, greddy type s bov, tial 38mm wastegate. i only wanna make like 230hp. I wanna be safe about it tho. i dont want this thing blowing up. people think its safe???

you shouldn't have a problem making those power levels

even considering your turbo is on the smallish side, you won't have to run much boost to make that much power, especially with a catastrophic compression ratio like that

just make sure whoever tunes it knows what the fuck they're doing

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Apr 13 2005, 12:29 AM
you shouldn't have a problem making those power levels

even considering your turbo is on the smallish side, you won't have to run much boost to make that much power, especially with a catastrophic compression ratio like that

just make sure whoever tunes it knows what the fuck they're doing
[post=486506]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: And I wouldn't go higher than 7 psi without race gas.

You can definately boost that engine and quite safely too. With that kind of compression you boost level can remain relatively low and it will give u those results. The key is having it tuned to run correctly and safely. And you will need to run the highest octane fuel you can get daily. Like 93 or 94 from Sunoco. Good Luck :D

I agree with both sides-

personally, i'd say you're already half all motor-- might as well finish all motor.

on the other hand, i don't see a 230hp motor being a problem. when you tune, just be conservative on the ignition timing, and you shouldn't have a problem.

what i really want to know though, is where you scored DSM 440's from?

thanks guys.

maybe they are 450s i forgot my friend has them off of his DSM.

about 220 whp ish... i'd def put it in. its 80 bucks and takes 15 min.

it just seems like for all this money you're going to spend

i don't see why you don't drop the cr with a different set of pistons and go for power- you're gonna have to buy all the necessary parts, why not make it worth your while? idk

although on the upside, even off boost, with a compression ratio like that you'll always be making some power

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Apr 14 2005, 12:29 AM
it just seems like for all this money you're going to spend

i don't see why you don't drop the cr with a different set of pistons and go for power- you're gonna have to buy all the necessary parts, why not make it worth your while? idk

although on the upside, even off boost, with a compression ratio like that you'll always be making some power
[post=486961]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: the best of both worlds, really.

i wasnt planning on turboing this engine but im getting the setup dirt cheap.

Back