High Idle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:worthy: my b16a's idle is between 2200 and 3100 rpms. when I get it around 1000 it drops and picks back up. what could it be. how do I get the idle down.

Your fast idol valve is stuck open, take the two screws off and the cover, inside there will be a screw looking thing with a spring under it, take a flat head screw driver tighten it all the way up, that will fix the problem.

im gonna have to back on sooboss on that ..check ur throttle position sensor .... i have a b16a in my 91 crx and i had that problem for a while and went through all the vaccum lines and then realized it was that ..i dont konw about the rev valve...never had that problem..haha give it time though .

I had same prob recheck your intake minifold gasket i had lot of air and water going into my #4 cylinder so check for air leaking in and Fast Idle thermo sensor shut be shut when radiator fan comes on Tp might be but i dout it u can unscrew it and move it around a bit might help .....

Back