Honda Civic Horsepower Gains

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

UGcivic

Im looking for a way to make my honda civic a sleeper i have a 2003 honda civic ex.... Engine swap turbo bolt ons i dont care what's the best route

Attachments

• 20200712_173024_HDR.jpg
    20200712_173024_HDR.jpg
    820.3 KB · Views: 349
any mods in that gen are going to be way more than it's worth you should have done your research before spending the money.

Ok I have a 03 with a D17A1. so I know it's not easy, and I'm balling on a budget. What is the perfered engine swap or mod?

Ok I have a 03 with a D17A1. so I know it's not easy, and I'm balling on a budget. What is the perfered engine swap or mod?
It's really not a great platform.
The chassis isn't great. The suspension is sub-par.
The D17 itself isn't really worth dumping money into.
And since the chassis isn't great, swapping it out leaves you with a more powerful version of a subpar platform.

I'd recommend doing nothing to it, honestly.

Save up and change up/out to something more tuner-friendly, better platform, etc. That may mean downgrading in terms of years if you want to mod on a budget.

Yeah, like Brian said, it's not the best platform to work with. If you just want a decently quick car for the street, a K20 or K24 swap is relatively easy and the K-series responds well to pretty much anything (bolt-ons and tuning, forced induction, etc.). The Macpherson suspension sucks compared to the older Civics and Integras with double wishbones though, so it's not the best choice if you're thinking about auto-cross.

Back