hondata

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

S13 Slide

ok, i've read about hondata and what it can do, but im confused on what it is. does it replace the stock ecu like the apexi power fc does? or is it a piggy back that can work as a stand alone if you have the datalogging and rom editor? please explain. thanks

it is a standalone. it does not replace the stock ecu. it works with it.
read up on it... hondata.com

basically, they put an eeprom (electronically erasable read only memory chip - similar to a computers CMOS chip)
from there, the hondata box talks to the ecu and makes the changes through your ecu out to the sotck harnesses- but hondata gets the readings in and then goes to the ecu.

make more sense? i know that wasn't a good description. liek i said, go to their site-- tons of info

yeah that helps, how does it wire up to the ecu? do you spice into the ecu wires or is there a harness that plugs in? thanks

it is not completley stand alone

in order to install it you need to solder in a 28 pin socket, a 4 wire ribbon, a 20 pin socket, a jumper, and two capacitors and two resistors. the blue box is attatched to the ECU by the 4 wire ribbon.

hi,
can someB help me, i got a few info, but still am a little confused.
my friend started to work in local honda service, and showed me "testing computer" wich has 3 different plugs for different ver. of obd.

1. my civic is 1.5 dx '93, and he told me that only thing i could do to check what signals my obd is receiving is to short connect 2 pins on connector, and light on the board will flash (error codes).

2. i am wondering is it possible to dl hondata software, and check pinout of "test comp.", make the cable, and connect it to ecu, without shopping from hondata hardware.

tnx,

bye F.

1. Yes, the error codes can be checked by jumping the 2 pin diagnostic connector located above the passenger side foot well.

2. No- Hondata's software interfaces to the computer via proprietary Hondata interface boxes... so unless you were able to replicate that, I doubt you could get it to talk.

Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 24 2002, 04:21 PM
1. Yes, the error codes can be checked by jumping the 2 pin diagnostic connector located above the passenger side foot well.

2. No- Hondata's software interfaces to the computer via proprietary Hondata interface boxes... so unless you were able to replicate that, I doubt you could get it to talk.

tnx, for answers,
under question 1, is it the only way to test values (with 2 pin) or it can be connected with "testing computer"?

bye F.

Back