Housing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

check charities-united way. the shelters, food banks, govt offices should have a list of charities.
some schools have emergency loan programs for small amounts of cash.
sleep and shower at school, i suspect some did where i attended.
too bad a crx is such a small car to live in.
join a commune. good luck. some churches will prob help u out if you start attending. hit up the food bank. go find some guy to take care of u. alaska has wilderness, be a hermit. be a nun/missionary. maybe u can get a job w/ food and lodging. maybe a b&b, hotel, ski resort, u.s. forestry services. be a nanny. put an ad up.

Last edited:
some churches will prob help u out if you start attending.

:werd: I know someone who couldnt make rent, so he went to a church near his house for help, and they loaned him the money. All they asked for in return was that he attend services (didnt tell him how many) and he mowed the lawn once or twice.

Navy.

The Navy is the most laid back. If you go to the Coast Guard you'll be right down the way from Troy and I
As far as boot camps go, Marines suffer on Parris Island, Coast Guard vacation in Cape May, NJ. Coast Guard FTW. Not to mention an extreme unlikelihood of being deployed.

you all fail.

air force reserves ftw. F going active duty. get all the benefits of active duty without deploying. plus you can get out at any time. they give you free schooling and medical, plus a network of 100,000 other reserves who will help you get a civy job.

you all fail.

air force reserves ftw. F going active duty. get all the benefits of active duty without deploying.
FALSE. Out of 6 friends in the reserves, 3 are in Iraq right now and another saw active duty in Afghanistan. And I'm talking about Air Force, Marines, and Army reserves right now.
plus you can get out at any time.
Who told you that? Just like active duty, you sign a contract and if you don't show up, you are considered in breach of contract and the MPs are on their way. Happen to my old roommate Marvin. He got drunk, didn't wake up for drill at 8am. MPs were at the house at 11am. A reservist who is currently in the Green Zone.

FALSE. Out of 6 friends in the reserves, 3 are in Iraq right now and another saw active duty in Afghanistan. And I'm talking about Air Force, Marines, and Army reserves right now.
it all depends on your job. if you are a ground pounder, yeah, you will be activated. if you are in a low key job that has plenty of active people, you will be fine.

Who told you that? Just like active duty, you sign a contract and if you don't show up, you are considered in breach of contract and the MPs are on their way. Happen to my old roommate Marvin. He got drunk, didn't wake up for drill at 8am. MPs were at the house at 11am. A reservist who is currently in the Green Zone
smsgt of reserve base. yes there is a contract, but you can get out of it. it's not like active duty. also, different branches handle things differently. and when you are activated, you are then active, and no longer reserve.

you all fail.

air force reserves ftw. F going active duty. get all the benefits of active duty without deploying. plus you can get out at any time. they give you free schooling and medical, plus a network of 100,000 other reserves who will help you get a civy job.

Yup becuase I would LOVE to have someone enlist who is in it for the cash and freaks out because they get deployed.... If your going to enlist you had better be commited.

Yup becuase I would LOVE to have someone enlist who is in it for the cash and freaks out because they get deployed.... If your going to enlist you had better be commited.
yep, but it's better than having someone go in for the money and being forced to deploy. i don't want that person in a foxhole near me.

remember the linguist from saving private ryan? that shit really happens when people aren't ready for war.

monster.com says there are cashier/gift wrapping jobs, seasonal UPS jobs, entry level transportation sales jobs, holiday retail associate jobs, administrative assistant jobs, sears jobs, bank teller jobs, holiday job opportunities at best buy, petco part time retail jobs, inventory jobs, walmart jobs, etc. right there in boise.

:shrug2:

it all depends on your job. if you are a ground pounder, yeah, you will be activated. if you are in a low key job that has plenty of active people, you will be fine.
Can you name one of said jobs? And you do know you can't always get the job you want.

smsgt of reserve base. yes there is a contract, but you can get out of it. it's not like active duty. also, different branches handle things differently. and when you are activated, you are then active, and no longer reserve.
Reserve base? Never heard of that. And I have never heard of anyone getting out of a contract.

And active and reserve are exactly the same as far as rules. Just part time and full time.

Can you name one of said jobs? And you do know you can't always get the job you want.

Reserve base? Never heard of that. And I have never heard of anyone getting out of a contract.

And active and reserve are exactly the same as far as rules. Just part time and full time.
if you work finance or in the gym, your odds of being deployed are far less likely than infantry or special forces.

ok, ok. reserve "unit". anyways, i'm not going to argue this anymore until i can prove it. tbc

yeah umm i agree ... as far as i know the only way you could possibly get out of a contract before the times up is to fuck up a task VERY BADLY. like blow your hand off in training or go to piss for a test and piss hot with some drugs in your system.. .. .. .. theres more but the general idea is bad shit= fucked

and if you do that, then good luck getting a job afterwards

A friend of mine actually got discharged (not dishonorably) from the Navy for drugs. He got random-ed and they asked if he wanted to admit anything. He said shrooms and the test came back negative for anything. So basically he got the boot for being honest and not doing the piss and pray.

Hmm.

My best friend got random-ed and failed. Nothing happened. He was already in iraq.

A friend of mine actually got discharged (not dishonorably) from the Navy for drugs. He got random-ed and they asked if he wanted to admit anything. He said shrooms and the test came back negative for anything. So basically he got the boot for being honest and not doing the piss and pray.

what a jackass
shrooms and acid dont show up on a piss test
it affects the nerves if ur spine

and for aleaf i would hit up the church dont get me wrong im no jesus man infact i dont belive in that. Anyway my stepdad got hurt pretty bad the church help us alot with some money for food and rent all that fun stuff. or maybe you could move to where the cost of living is not so much

what a jackass
shrooms and acid dont show up on a piss test
it affects the nerves if ur spine

I won't get into this, but you need to do some more reading. Let me help:
Erowid

Aleaf: still around? Don't go into the military, with the home problems you've got right now it doesn't seem like it'd be a good fit.

Keep checking out CL, and see if there are any nanny/housekeeper jobs. Depending on the area, people will want a live-in, and they you don't have to worry about an apartment until you've got enough money to start anew.

and for aleaf i would hit up the church dont get me wrong im no jesus man infact i dont belive in that. Anyway my stepdad got hurt pretty bad the church help us alot with some money for food and rent all that fun stuff. or maybe you could move to where the cost of living is not so much

hard to get cheaper than idaho. maybe cheaper part of ID.

Go enroll in community college and take out an emergency loan once you're enrolled and get a job and pay it off. Also, you're eligible for financial aid that will help with your living, transportation, and other costs.

Back