How do you deal with people who offend you at work?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Remember one thing buddy, your a guy she is a chick. If you came back at her she can royally fuck up your career. All it takes is an acusation of a tit grap or a sexually suggestive comment and she can run you through the ringer. Now, I understand that you have been with your dept. for quit some time but its still a road that no one wants to go down.
Ya, here's my advice, go have a quick chat with the HR people and tell them the story. Tell them you don't want to take any action against her, just that you felt like she was intentionally provoking you. They won't do anything except make a note and put it in both your files. If, later on, this bitch becomes increasingly unbearable and it comes to a head, you'll have ammo in the file against her. It's sneaky and underhanded, but that's how an employee at my last job got me fired. They had a rapport with the HR people, since they made little complaints to them whenever ANYTHING happened. I had thick skin and sucked it up when they behaved inappropriately toward me and I didn't go to HR. BIG MISTAKE. When crunchtime came, all they had was the other person's complaints against me. Guess who got let go.

It may seem like a bitch move to go to HR, but if you foresee future conflict, especially with a female employee, you gotta go preemptive strike on that bitch.

IMO, you waited too long. I would have said something to her stupid ass right then and there. I would have also made somewhat of a loud scene so other employees could hear and come watch. That way there are witnesses if she tries to say you got in her face or something.

Ya, here's my advice, go have a quick chat with the HR people and tell them the story. Tell them you don't want to take any action against her, just that you felt like she was intentionally provoking you. They won't do anything except make a note and put it in both your files. If, later on, this bitch becomes increasingly unbearable and it comes to a head, you'll have ammo in the file against her. It's sneaky and underhanded, but that's how an employee at my last job got me fired. They had a rapport with the HR people, since they made little complaints to them whenever ANYTHING happened. I had thick skin and sucked it up when they behaved inappropriately toward me and I didn't go to HR. BIG MISTAKE. When crunchtime came, all they had was the other person's complaints against me. Guess who got let go.

It may seem like a bitch move to go to HR, but if you foresee future conflict, especially with a female employee, you gotta go preemptive strike on that bitch.

^truth

play chess not checkers

klyph is spot on. Especially in your work place that is the absolute best way to go about it.

Actually I agree. Go to HR first and get something on record.

Then offend the crap out of her.

rent a rig/big rig wrecker.
get a friend to follow her.

go wide with the big rig wrecker on her blind corner and force her into a ditch.

ask her on monday how it feels, smiling.

haha you guys are coming up with way too elaborate of schemes. either report her to HR or take a dump in her desk. one or the other.

There was a witness. Said witness was sitting across the table from her.

New employee is an intern.

I will be going to HR tomorrow morning first thing.

this. gft.

fuck her mom

or this is a damn good option too.

guarantee that she had a "bad boy" boyfriend at one time that rode a motorcycle, and she thought he was the shit, until she caught him fucking her best friend and sister at the same time while wearing his leathers, and every time she sees a bike now shes reminded of that moment. visions of sweaty bodies all jumbled together with a motorcycle helmet in a place it shouldnt be and leathers wrapped around everything but the vital parts, and all she can do is try to swerve in their direction.

maybe.

but, one day, and it will happen, she will purposely do that to the one guy thats already having a bad day, and carrying, and she will suffer the serious consequences. that will be a good day for the rest of the motorcycle community. and that guy should be praised and given sponserships.

Last edited:
There is someone at my job that I'd love to push down a flight of stairs, but dealing with HR instead is the only reason I still have a job. I'm also good about letting things roll of my shoulders, but sometimes people like this just get to you a bit. I avoid contact as much as possible and don't put up a bullshit front when I do have to talk to them. I can't stand the high school approach. I make them fully aware that I do not enjoy their company, but not to a degree that's over the top. HR is definitely the way to go to cover your ass. I learned that the same way as klyph, but not to that extreme.

Frame an "in loving memory" card/picture saying/showing something making it blatant that the person passed away in a motorcycle accident. Set it in plain view until she sees it and then hopefully she'll never say anything so negative on the topic again. It may sound cruel, but even if you print one out that you randomly find online, it's for a good cause. Maybe not the best idea as it may backfire.

Find out what she likes, then tell her how you dislike whatever it is, hopefully its cats or dogs, then find random pictures of cats/dogs being beat and killed. Make sure she sees the pictures day in day out.

Tell her, meh, there's too many of them anyways.

Better yet, make friends with her family and get them all to ride =)

Or just know that no matter what shes a lost cause and forget about it.

Find out what she likes, then tell her how you dislike whatever it is, hopefully its cats or dogs, then find random pictures of cats/dogs being beat and killed. Make sure she sees the pictures day in day out.

Tell her, meh, there's too many of them anyways.
Oh that would be perfect. People are nuts about the proper treatment of pets. Shit Dante Stallworth killed a HUMAN and there were less repercussions than there were on Michael Vick.

Just an off color comment, "Michael Vick had the right idea. If they're not making money, kill them."

Of course its not true, I support ethical treatment of animals, but if she is a PETA tree hugger you will have just set off a grenade in her brain.

:shrug2:

not everyone is going to like, appreciate, or even respect your hobbies or choices

some people will be more vocal about it than others

some peoples reasoning will be completely ignorant, irrational, or nonsensical

it happens

shrug it off

in the grand scheme of things does it really make any difference??? probably not.... so :gives:

you could try to change her mind and make her see that her actions are inappropriate and could lead to someone injuring or killing themselves or someone else.... she probably wont listen

i dunno... i dont waste much energy on being offended by other people
:shrug2:

I think what really gets him about this is the fact that she was so nonchalant about nearly taking his life, or attempting to, or wanting to. Whether it be through intention or jest, or thought.

Dude you got trolled hard.

The only way to get her back is to find the one thing she holds most dear and completely shit all over it in your next conversation. If she's a christian, drop a few gay jesus jokes. If she's overweight, tell her a graphic story about a huge fat fucking whale of a bitch, and then casually liken her to the stories subject at the conclusion. You MUST find something sacred to her and desecrate it, or you will have lost.

I like this^

I can string together words so heinous and offensive that most normal people would cringe in horror and maybe even cry. Try it.

this is how i deal w/ people

snn0104aaa_21904a.jpg

but yea.. i agree about going to HR.. .then taking a dump in her desk drawer after hours.. that way it gets to sit and ferment all night for the next day.. :D

actually, a fresh might be better.. be sure to grub hella Wienerschnitzel the night before though

do what klyph said. talk to hr, make sure they log the convo.

and next time you see her in community areas, be cordial. tell her on a nice and personal level. "you know, i think we got off on the wrong foot about motorcycles.i was scared for my life and you made me uncomfortable. is there a reason you hate motorcycles so much?"

who knows. maybe her dad was killed on a bike. maybe she was raped by a guy who owned a motorcycle. the last thing you need is some new bitch fucking up the rotation. kill her with kindness and let hr know. she sounds like a bitch to start some shit. but cover your ass and be cool and you'll win.

she probably almost got into an accident from some young punk trying to pass her ina corner on a double yellow or something to that effect
who knows why she is the way she is, but you just cant fix this one
i'd avoid her and play cordial
the HR shit is most certainly the way to take the high road and cover your own ass
then PIIDB

i have learned this long ago, always ALWAYS ALWAYS go through HR. if you have hr, you better fucking use it. because if you don't, someone else will. businesses take shit seriously these days. she could be plotting shit on you right now for all you know. you better cover yourself.

I believe in Karma.

go get your kar and park it on her ma.

Back