How do you feel about your job *poll*

How do you feel about your job

• I love it, it's a dream job...

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • I like it...

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • It's ok. I don't love it, but it could be a lot worse.

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • I don't like it, but at least i have a job

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • I hate it more than anything...

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I like my job, but the management makes it a miserable place. Mostly everyone I work with is awesome other than them.

CNC machinist for an aircraft company. Started as a parts mechanic and still do it from time to time when I run out of work. It's great that I get to sit down basically all day, but it gets way boring.

I tend to lean from i like it to the one I put my vote into, its ok.

It just depends on the day. I've had really great days. I bust through 10 or so work orders without problems. Then I have days, even weeks, of troubleshooting something I've never been trained on.

I run a theater. Asst. to the Manager, It's pretty lame, but its nice, I do everything. Usually theres only one person working, except Saturdays. Saturdays I have to babysit the 6 month "trainee" who has no work ethic, and would have been fired 5 months ago if he wasn't the ex-mayors son, who's father was owed a favor by the owner of the theater, AKA my landlord...

I build custom homes, we do pretty much everything. It's fun sometimes but we're doing renovations right now and it sucks ass pulling out old insulation, then putting up 5/8 fireguard everywhere :S And I have massive job security due to one of our larger clients having government contracts so... right on :D

I'm a maintenance aid for the City Of Lancaster. My job title requires me to do pretty much anything that is needed to keep City Hall, and various other city owned businesses, maintained. Anything from irrigation to electrical. Everyone hates doing the janitorial work so who gets to do it? Yours truly :(

However, I am starting at UTI next month :) when i'm done i hope to get accepted into the BMW STEP program.

B, you want the ///M worked on for a decent price? :D

I work the parts counter at a mazda dealership.
waiting to see if/when we close.

job sucks, plain and simple. wouldnt be bad if we actually functioned as a business.

I handle worker's comp claims. I like it, it's very interesting line of work. I learn allot medically and get to talk to a variety of people, lawyers,doctors, state labor people, wacky claimants, ect....It's also very stressful because you are spending employers money all the time so they constantly are at your throat asking questions and requiring updates. Then you have all the interal people pulling at you in every direction wanting reports and wanting them 4 days ago. But i can handle it so its ok.

i'm part-timing as a web copy writer. i'm used to writing gigantic tomes of technical info. now i try to come up with a 5 word sentence that doesn't suck. it's kinda cool. :D

Last time I posted about my job online, I got in trouble at work...

I like mine, I work with the family business of putting in paver walkways/patio/driveways as well as retaining walls, and also rent property management. In the near future we might open a liquor store as well, we do a lot.

Last edited:
who else posted that they hate it. i posted one of them. who is the other?

i know :)

Code:
SELECT u.username FROM pollvote p 
left outer join user u on u.userid = p.userid
WHERE p.pollid = 1072 and p.voteoption = 5

:p

the SOB doesn't even have a job lol

i know :)

Code:
SELECT u.username FROM pollvote p 
left outer join user u on u.userid = p.userid
WHERE p.pollid = 1072 and p.voteoption = 5

:p

the SOB doesn't even have a job lol

:lame:

I don't give a dog shit if my boss reads this... but my job is alright... I just borderline despise my assistant manager... Sometimes he's cool and shit, but then he'll flip on me and make me feel like putting a bullet in his forehead.

Oh and I make galvanized pipe and fittings for HVAC duct... Pretty much all I do is weld elbow blanks and stock shit... Also sometimes I rivet shit and do other retarded shit.. but it's real easy.

Only sucks right now cuz of the housing market being fucked up and not as many new homes being built...

For now, I'm a cook at Buffalo Wild Wings. They schedule me like 2 or 3 days a week, and they let me go after 3-4 hours of work....

I'm also a student instructor at Pai Lum (White Dragon) kung fu. I pay for it right now. It's a 4 year internship, and I am about to start my 3rd year in a month and a half or so.

I gradutated college in May with a degree in International Business and I've been looking for full-time employment [that fits my schedule] for 9 months now....

working somewhere for 4 years isn't an internship. it's called a job where you don't get paid, or you get paid very little.

you are either an apprentice or an assistant.

Back