How much degrees does 1 tooth do on a cam gear??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gettocrx

I was wondering,
How much degrees does 1 tooth off stock timing do on a cam gear for SOHC??
Thanks in advance!

no it doesnt work .... jumping it one tooth puts it WAY out of spec
not good either way

oh i see- well YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID THAT THEN!!!!!

haha just kidding bro- my bad

my frind didn't adjust his timing belt, his engine runed like shit, and it was only like 1 tooth over, and it was a big difference,

no my friends car wasn't running well, this guy did a si head swap on my friends 89 civic DX 4dr. and this guy didn't have a adjustable cam gear or a timing light. this guy said that he had to move the cam 1 tooth advance. is that possible?? I just think when he put the si cam in he accidently move the cam 1 tooth back. thats when the car had ony top end but very slow pick up. so when he advanced a tooth the car ran better. if he moved it one tooth how much degrees off was that?? it run ok but I was just curious! Sorry for all this miscommunication! Thanks anyways!

insted of moving the cam gear, just advance the distributor. it is alot easier, and you can fine tune it until youre happy with the performance.

OMG, this shit is fucking rediculous........

buy some fucking cam gears

Originally posted by JOHNNYLIGHTFOOT@Feb 13 2004, 06:00 PM
insted of moving the cam gear, just advance the distributor. it is alot easier, and you can fine tune it until youre happy with the performance.

Cam timing and ignition timing are two totally separate things...

I believe that one tooth on the SOHC D series cam gear is NINE degrees. You don't want to advance/retard that much all at once. You might break something.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Feb 14 2004, 12:43 AM
OMG, this shit is fucking rediculous........

buy some fucking cam gears

or in his situation, just one cam gear... :)

do they make cam gears for sohc's?

same as the dohc's, i believe....except theres only one of them.

Back