How to by pass the 16p security connector?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

doug810

I have a 1997 Civic EX and I just installed a new deck. The problem is that the keyless entry wont work. I was wondering if anyone out here knows how to bypass that harness to make the keyless entry work?

you installed a new radio? and now your keyless entry dont work? do you know if you chopped anything that you were not supposed to?

The keyless entry is integrated through the radio. Ive seen people install the radios in the trunk, just to save keyless entry.

Is there a harness that can be plugged in to re-route the circuitry. Or does anyone have a how to splice which wires and connect?

Originally posted by doug810@Aug 11 2005, 01:26 PM
Is there a harness that can be plugged in to re-route the circuitry. Or does anyone have a how to splice which wires and connect?
[post=538917]Quoted post[/post]​

Fresh off the Crutchfield Sight:

Connections:

Note: In order to retain your factory keyless entry functionality, you'll need to keep your factory radio, and relocate it inside your dash behind the lower trim panel. This harness has two plugs - one connects to the factory wiring, and the second plugs into the factory radio to provide power to it. If you remove the factory radio, you will lose your factory keyless entry feature.

12V constant power
12V switched power
chassis ground
power antenna turn-on
dimmer
left front speaker +/-
right front speaker +/-
left rear speaker +/-
right rear speaker +/-

Thats pretty friggin ghetto, but I suppose it has to be done.

The link to the "harness" that they are referring to.-----> HERE <-----

Originally posted by phyregod+Aug 11 2005, 01:32 PM-->
@Aug 11 2005, 01:26 PM
[post=538917]Quoted post[/post]​

Fresh off the Crutchfield Sight:

Connections:

Note: In order to retain your factory keyless entry functionality, you'll need to keep your factory radio, and relocate it inside your dash behind the lower trim panel. This harness has two plugs - one connects to the factory wiring, and the second plugs into the factory radio to provide power to it. If you remove the factory radio, you will lose your factory keyless entry feature.

12V constant power
12V switched power
chassis ground
power antenna turn-on
dimmer
left front speaker +/-
right front speaker +/-
left rear speaker +/-
right rear speaker +/-

Thats pretty friggin ghetto, but I suppose it has to be done.

The link to the "harness" that they are referring to.-----> HERE <-----
[post=538920]Quoted post[/post]​

Scosche Makes a relocation kit for the factory radio to be put into the trunk. If you dont want to do that then yes you do have to smash it into the dash under the aftermarket radio. It Fits

Thanks for all the help!!! but that is pretty :ghey: that i have to do that though. :angry: but i guess thats what i have to do next. I still have to convert my 97 front to the 99-00.

could be worse you could have a gm car that needs the factory radio to retain the use of the airbags among other critical things for your car.

just put it in your glovebox....thats what i did using the cruthfield harness. its really not that big of a deal lol.

Originally posted by neonmike@Aug 12 2005, 11:52 PM
could be worse you could have a gm car that needs the factory radio to retain the use of the airbags among other critical things for your car.
[post=539534]Quoted post[/post]​

and what car is that?
cause last time i cheacked the air bag systemis a seperate self contaned sytem

that would be almost any gm car from 2000 up. cavalier, sunfire, trailblazer, envoy, corvette......... i can keep going with the list if you would like me to.

Back