How To Get Crank Pulley Off?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

doofnoil

Does anyone know how to get the crank pulley off of a d series engine?

take the drivers side front wheel off...get a breaker bar with a 17mm socket along with a long extention. From here you could go several ways...i'll just list the way i do it...someone will post the other ways...i guarantee...anyways, take off the plate that covers your flywheel...stick a screw driver into the teeth...then try to break the bolt loose on the pulley...after it comes off there will be a rectangular key that comes off with it...do not lose it!!!...then your done

Use an air gun with the proper sized socket.
You have to still remove the inner wheel well cover and the drivers side tire.
A breaker bar can be difficult, sometimes impossible if you have never broken it loose before.

be careful not to pry and damage the main seal, don't try to dig the pulley off.

SOMETIMES THEY ARE A PAIN TO GET OFF IF YOU HAVE A GOOD IMPACT GUN YOU CAN USE THAT. OR THE SCREW DRIVER TRICK DOES WORK BUT YOUR OTHER OPTION IS A CHAIN STRAP WRENCH....STRAP THAT AROUND THE PULLY AND USE A BREAKER BAR ON THE NUT THAT IS WHAT I HAD TO DO...GOOD LUCK

I broke the pulley... but I got it all back together with the help of 500 bucks and the local honda dealership.

since you took off the pulley and breaking it in the process i suggest you change the seals while your at it :blink:

yeah takin off the crank pulley is a bitch even with an air gun, did you already replace it?? and if you did, did you use a stock one??? while you had the chance you should have used an aftermarket balanced light-weight crank pulley. you can feel the difference.

Originally posted by IRuffPuppee@Jun 18 2003, 04:20 PM
if i was gonna buy aftermarket parts for a DOHC ZC what engine do i search under?

DOHC ZC :slap:

Geez thanks that would help!!! i must be a dodo head when i ask for some parts they tell me to bring the part in so they can match it up!!! Dang it man! There's not much after market parts for this engine unless you can modify the parts a little!!! Errr

Back