How to not get jacked

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouKnowWhoIBee

my avatar is better.
This is an article i found on how to wire up security devices to prevent theft. Very useful if you ask me but here you go ~~~> :ph34r:

most alarms really don't help. For one, where the OEM location of the hood release cable is, you don't even have to get inside the car to open the hood. This means once they pop the hood, you can disengage the battery in no time.

Next I recently found out your normal tow truck (not flat beds) have dolleys that they can easily assemble in less then a minute that raise the non lifted par of the car and lets the car move freely, even if the ebrake is ingaged. This is how alot of cars get stolen.

really, best ways of defence is, garage park it at home, or atleast behind a gate. Make yourself a fuel cut off switch, and hide the switch wisely.

Other things would be to wire a switch that when on, when the brakes are applied, the horn goes off. For someone stealling the car by hot wiring, this will bring alot of attention to them.

This is why I have a pager alarm. Whether the hood, doors, hatch open, or someone tries to tow my car, I'm alerted as soon as the alarm makes one peep. If they disconnect the battery, my pager still continues to sound. Thats when me and my .22 pay a visit.

when i stop being a lazy pos im going to put a switch in the main relay. and if they use a tow truck i guess they can have it. but i stay up late most nights(like 3am) so i would probably hear them with a tow truck.

i park my car in front of the drive way. my car has no alarm so i take home the ecu, distributor, and ECU fuse in the under-hood box. Then i lock my steering wheel, clutch pedal and park my brothers trucj behind it. Then i go home and load my Browing 12 gauge with 00 Buckshot.

Originally posted by Estorvito@Jun 2 2005, 09:29 PM
y .22 pay a visit.

Ha...I would rather use a paint gun...It'll probably hurt more..lol..jk.
Garage kept is the way to go....
[post=507078]Quoted post[/post]​

not a .22 cal pellet gun....dummy :p

Up at my cottage, we shoot Canadian geese because they come onto our lawn and shit all over it. In spring of last year, I shot at a pack of them with the .22 from 75-odd yards and it went through the body of one, and into one standing behind it.

Lucky...cuz I'm not a very good shot :lol:

But ya....alarms.

take home the ecu, distributor, and ECU fuse in the under-hood box.

bahahahhaa

you;re the man

and fuck the alarms, get GPS tracking and pray that they steal it...
then find the fuckers...

How about getting one of those quick release hubs where u could just pop off ur steering wheel and take it with you? just pray that ur steering wheel doesnt come off while driving lol.

Heres a little thing my brother did with his 00 si, after he parked the car he would leave it in 1st,3rd,or 5th gear, then he would take a club and put it between the ebrake and the shifter so that you couldnt put it into gear. And i live in tacoma, which is # 10 on the cities with most auto thefts list, so im guessing this works because he just had his car broken into but not stolen.

Heres a little thing my brother did with his 00 si, after he parked the car he would leave it in 1st,3rd,or 5th gear, then he would take a club and put it between the ebrake and the shifter so that you couldnt put it into gear. And i live in tacoma, which is # 10 on the cities with most auto thefts list, so im guessing this works because he just had his car broken into but not stolen.

Funny that you say that because I also thought about trying something like that. I didn't think the club would fit in between the two and also the club is really easy to break. Something else stronger might work. Like I always say, theres no way of really stopping someone from stealing your car if they REALLY want it, but there are a million ways to slow them down. Sometimes thats all I need.

Originally posted by adnoh@Jun 2 2005, 02:10 PM
This is why I have a pager alarm. Whether the hood, doors, hatch open, or someone tries to tow my car, I'm alerted as soon as the alarm makes one peep. If they disconnect the battery, my pager still continues to sound. Thats when me and my .22 pay a visit.
[post=506833]Quoted post[/post]​

thats when me and my bat pay a visit :angry:

well since this thread is up, I might as well add a coment. Really, for the pro car theives, things like clubs, pedal locks, ecu, ect isn't going to do shit. Alarms are super easy to disarm, and a car theif can get around them in a matter of seconds. If your powering it by the battery, all they have to do is pop the hood, disconnnect the battery, and no more car alarm. Remeber, car alarms are good for you if you hear them, but other people won't do shit. How many times are you at a mall and you hear a car alarm going off. Do you go investigate or say shut the fuck up. For 99.9% of the time, people just say shut the fuck up and walk away.

Back to my first point about the clubs, imbolizers, ect. In my town, there has been a number of stolen hondas in the area. One, the owner had a kill switch that was much more intercit then your normall find the switch and flip it. He had it so you had to open the ashtray just the right amount, then do some other thing. Someone said that he also took the ECU out every night (he had his car stolen once before) Everything kinda hinted to a freind steeling it. However, about 2 weeks later, another civic was stolen from the local drag way on a big event night for test and tune (street racing under the lights) Anyways, this kid parked his car in the spectator lot infront of one guy basicly bumper to bumper. Comes back, his car is gone at the end of the night. Well he posts some flyers and the couple that parked infront of him said they had a little info. The couple defently remembered parking infront of them (it was a unique riced out civic) When they went to get there car, it was moved 3 rows over and in the middle of an isle. Also, this is on a grassy feild so pushing isn't the easiest thing. In addition, there bumper was all scuffed up, pointing to a tow truck. It goes to show you how fast they can tow a car. And making both front and rear wheels locked doesn't matter either because most normal towtrucks have dollys in the rear that raise the rear up so even if the car dosn't roll, it now can. I have seen these set up and they can do it in around a minute a wheel when they take their time. I am sure that a tow truck could have a car ready to be towed away in less then a minute if they rushed.

Well I have my battery in my storage box in my rex what about that then? and there is no way in hell your going to get to the spilter box to cut the power. shit i cant get to it without getting under the car. for all you that know, you would have to be a tooth pick to get under crx espically a lowered one

it also helps to not draw attention to your car.. ie body kits guages... anything aftermarket in site

i mean its bullshit that we have to do this but people are assholes

thats why when my car is in the city(in a parking lot mind you).. it sits on the stock steelies stock height with no ecu , no plug wires, no loose change anywhere (bums will bust a window to get a quarter) nothing.

and my car looks like every other poor college students beat up stock 1990 civic

Back