How to steal gas from a project car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5speed4life

Ok, Last nite i got off of work and stopped by my buddys house, and we decide to leave. I know i have to hit up a gas station, but wasnt expecting to run out just yet... So I was followin my buddy out of his development, when i notice im about to run out of gas. I hit him up with the highbeams, but he keeps going.

I turn around, and make it back to his house, barley. I have to push my 96 Grand Caravan up his driveway...

So im there, bust open his garage... 3 gas cans. None of them have a drop of gas... Sweet.

Im looking around, and see the infamous civic, awaiting its H22 swap. It has a dead battery, no engine, and no ecu... Odly enough it still has a system. Hmmm.

So, The mcguyver in me came out... Why dont i just pump his gas tank dry, b/c he cant use the gas right now anyway? Hehehe, I got an evil grin...

So, this is my how to... If your ever out of gas, or your project car has a full tank, and you do not (and you have no ECU in the car) follow my madness...

Since the battery was dead, I had to jump that shit...
768955_126_full.jpg

I went to turn the key... Nothing. the radio worked, but no pump. I was sad, so i just blazed some lil wyte (mad blackish white dude) and tryd to figure out whats next.

I got my game plan...

1st step... Find the pump.
768955_127_full.jpg

Once found, take the plate off, and unplug it.

Now you need to find a +12v source... The amp was working, so i figured id tap into that... Found a small drill bit, drilled into the wire, and wrapped the jumper wire around that wire.

768955_125_full.jpg

So we got a power source. Lets hook it up.
768955_124_full.jpg

Voila,
That 255lph pump starts singin... I got a good 8 gallons of gas out of it, and left a little in the car.

768955_128_full.jpg

Now I dont even need to hit up the gas station... Sweet.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 14 2005, 10:53 AM
lol. woudn't it have been easier to find a lawnmower can? :p
[post=512029]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah.... ALL 3 were empty, and it was 2am. No open gas stations anywhere close, and my buddy just kept driving, leavin me behind.

I couldnt find a hose either.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jun 14 2005, 12:35 PM
i nominate this for the new feature article...

the old one is still from december 2004... :(
[post=512070]Quoted post[/post]​

Lol... I seen you replyd in the email notification... and looked foreward to your response.

This is actualy a decent EASY/FREE way to drain your tank w/o tools, b4 you store your car for a project thats gona take a long time, or to get rid of old gas.

I had nothing better to do at the time, and was limited on tools, but not immagination.

You almost also became a bomb.

all that wiring ? Frayed wires hanging around the ground and a tube of gasoline ?
The battery is just slumped there, ready to leak out ? Man, you guys gotta get your act together :eek:

Originally posted by Celerity@Jun 14 2005, 01:19 PM

all that wiring ? Frayed wires hanging around the ground and a tube of gasoline ?
The battery is just slumped there, ready to leak out ? Man, you guys gotta get your act together :eek:
[post=512111]Quoted post[/post]​

remember how we got the gas tank off the old AE86 coupe.../??? :ph34r:

Originally posted by Airjockie+Jun 14 2005, 01:26 PM-->
@Jun 14 2005, 01:19 PM

The battery is just slumped there, ready to leak out  ? Man, you guys gotta get your act together :eek:
[post=512111]Quoted post[/post]​

remember how we got the gas tank off the old AE86 coupe.../??? :ph34r:
[post=512113]Quoted post[/post]​

Hah ! that footage is out there somewhere. I thought the car had fallen on you.

^^^

i did the same shit with a 1983 porsche 944, a 2 ton come-along, and a big ass tree...

my engine hoist was a 92 ranger and a 20 foot chain :)

Back