HS gear poll

interested in HS gear?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It's a grey area at best. Technically, I shouldn't be running a domain with 'honda' in it at all. They actually went after a few domains back in the day (circa 2003) but nothing panned out and they dropped it.

Honda-tech is owned by IB, a multi-million dollar company with an entire legal team, etc.
Hondaswap is owned by me, and me alone. If honda goes after me, i'm done in all sense of the word. I can't afford a lawyer's services for a day, let alone a long strewed out battle.

So, that came back to NOT using 'hondaswap.com' on the shirts, which eventually defeated the purpose of the shirts in the first place.

I have no legal trademark on the word hondaswap.com as it cannot be trademarked due to honda banning all 'honda-like' words in their trademark. I have proof of ownership through whois only. And even there, you're going to see my proxy service.

Not to push the arguement or you but:

What is the difference between Hondaswap and Honda-Tech in the eyes of Honda Motor Corp? You are small time and not hurting them at all.

How can a company ban anyone using two words put together? Especially since you are not trying to confuse a market base by using that H word. That is the legal basis of trademark infringement. www.hondashowoff.com is selling items with their domain name on it with no worries and they are smaller time than you are.

Im in for what ever design, I like the idea of just the maxed out rep.

There are many companies with hondaxyz for a name. Hondata comes to mind... Just avoid using a trade marks and official logos. No H marks, no A marks, the official block letter HONDA, VTEC, I-VTEC, ect...

There are many companies with hondaxyz for a name. Hondata comes to mind... Just avoid using a trade marks and official logos. No H marks, no A marks, the official block letter HONDA, VTEC, I-VTEC, ect...
This is kind of what I've been thinking. When this thread first came up, I was under the impression that B had actually gotten legal advice from someone. So, did B ever get any actual legal advice from a professional?

Just because others are doing it and not getting caught doesn't make it right....

Online yes, but name a single time HS.com has had national press coverage.

Lots of people within Honda know about Hondata. In fact, they have been sourced for some one-off ecu work for small "fun" projects that the company does. IE drift element, Baja Ridgeline, ect...

Online yes, but name a single time HS.com has had national press coverage.

We were a title sponsor for Nopi nationals a few years before your time, sponsoring the 'hybrid' class for the drags.

Our logo was included in basically every tuner magazine as part of the nopi ad.

so, i suppose using the HS logo that is used on the internet browser (in the tab, not the banner at the top of the site) is out of question?

edit: id like to note that id buy a shirt that just said "wicked pissah" on it :ph34r:

im not sure if thats what its called, but its the icon that pops up when you add something to your favorites

Back