i am Dizzy...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouKnowWhoIBee

my avatar is better.
Alright. My car has been running fine. I know have a big problem though. I think my dizzy is going up on me. My car barely starts and i crank it and crank it sometimes and it doesnt start. But i use my knowledge someway to get it started. But it is pissing me off and i want to get it fixed. I think it is the dizzy because it sputters when i mash the gas. I havent driven it hard to see if it has vtec. I dont want to push it. I will be driving to and from work only till i fix it. But i know it is not the injectors because i get gas. I know it doesnt need a tune up because i did one 2 weeks ago and it happened before the tune up and just started back up again. so me and my buddy who is a mechanic (more about v8s though) says from his knowledge it is the dizzy. He say he will fix it for 200 even including the dizzy at his cost. which is 170 from autozone i think. So a case of beer or 30 bucks is what he wants. So i figure 200 even isnt bad. But what do you think maybe the problem. Ask away for any questions you might have. And also does anyone know of a site or you could just tell me how to change the dizzy. I know the basics but i dont wanna forget a step. Thanks for your help in advance. I havent been let down yet by HS please dont let this be the first. I really need the help bad :huh:

What me and my friend that is a lead mechanic have done in the last few hours...
1. New distributor
2. New wires
3. New rotor
4. New plugs
5. New cap (basically a tune-up)
6. Checked all sensors around the throttle body
7. Cleaned out the throttle body(now free of carbs)
8. Checking ignition timing

Probably more but i dont remember. Please can anyone help. I am in desperate need. I need a car and i need it quick.

I have did tons of research and concluded that... i dont know what the hell it is. There is a few possibilities.
1. Main realy- i have heard about it alot but where is it located? I know it controls
alot pf ignition stuff.
2.fuel pump- I have gas and it runs fine for a little while but i just concured this
through my research.
3. Ignition switch- i hold the key at start and check for the power at the small wire
(soleniod) to see if i am getting power to the dizzy. But i know it works.

I am leaning towards the main realy but i am not quite sure if it is it? And i am not quite sure where it is? And i am not quite sure what to do when and if i find it? Someone please help. I need it bad. TIA :worthy: [HS]

id try the fuel filter, b4 u touch the pump. i bet ur pump is fine. and i bet it wil be sumthin kinda simple. but iyour relay is under ur dash i THINK. i think it might be ur relay tho. good luck man.
Tyler

New ignition system and it sputters still fuel problem is what is sounds like to me, filter,pump, injectors?

Thanks for all the replys. I have a 95 si. But i just got the car back from the shop. I got a rip off of a diagnosis for 65 bucks. I told him what i did. And he did exzactly what i already did. I checked and changed my fuel filter. He did it also. I Checked for spark from the dizzy. He did that also. I Checked the fuel injectors and guess what? He did that too. So he checked my ignition timing and it was off but guess what i told him it would be because i thought it was my timing belt. So all i got for my 65 bucks is that i need a new timing belt. And i already knew that. I thought they hook it up to computers and read my ecu and crap but they do the stuff i already did. But needless to say the total money i have spent on my car to get fixed is around 350 and nothing is fixed. But could anyone help. i need to know how to change my timing belt on my d16z6? Does anyone have any links to pictures for advice. Or even any advice at all. They want to charge me 225 dolars to change my belt that is supposedly off by 15 degrees.(how the hell is that though?) So if anyone could help i would appriciate it. Also my friends dad is a mechanic and he said he would do it for 25 dollars and hour. But he cant fit me in till almost next weekend. What should i do? I do know a decent amount about cars and i know how to do the basics but i think i need alittle more advice before i do anything. TIA :D

Holy shite!!! xyswany= god (well right now anyway) That is awesome. I didnt know that there is so much to do when changing the timing belt. Anyway though thatnks mang, i owe you one. Do u think i should do it myself or should i let the mechanice do it? I dont think it will take too long.

if you don't have air tools, id bring it to the dealer. getting that crank pulley off is no joke, and its reveresed and shit...

yeah now i am throwing codes for tps, o2 sensor and something else. Just because i unplugged them to try and trouble shoot them . How do i reset the ecu? So i dont throw any useless codes. And yeah i will be getting that fixed soon. But does it seem like that was my problem? Just making sure the asshats at the shop are trying to scam me.

Pull out the back up fuse (7.5 A) in the engine bay fuse/relay box for ten (10) seconds.

As long as u are able to get that crank pully off, ur half way golden. than u just got to time everthing, and throw the belt back on. i swaped mine last week, here at college, im in school for Auto Tech. so i had all the super dooper tools, like the gauge that measures, for movement, so i found the EXACT TDC of the piston, and i also swaped my Head Gasket, and cleaned off my head and block beautifuly. but i have access to a bunch of tools, and help if ineed it. but if u are confident, u can do it. just watch out for that pully bolt, do not cut the timming belt off until u have that pully off, incase u need to drive it to the dealership to get it loosend. Good luck man
Tyler

Hey thanks for the help everyoner... i am going to get it fixed by my buds cousin. He is a veitnam veteran and worked at gm forever. So i think it is in good hands. He is doing my buds mildly built b16 right now... about 5 grand worth of parts. I wish i had that money but like i said thanks for the help HS...

Back